11k street race

KennyFKINPowerz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. How to not properly heat a bottle up... lol

Although I know it's done fairly regularly, always seemed insane to me.

We heated up bottles like this for probably 20 years. You just watch the pressure gauge on the bottle. There are a ton of ways to do it. Including turning the heat on full bast in a car and putting the bottle on the floor for about 30 min. You just goyya check it every 10 min or so. Also when we used to fill our motorcycle bottles, we would heat up our fill bottle with a torch and put the small bottles in a cooler full of ice. Then hook it up to the fill bottle and the N20 will slamm in to those freezing bottles.

Here is one i participated in. Need less to say that street was hooking. I just wish more people around here had the nutts and i didnt have to drive so far.

Its not really about having the nuts.....Its about having shit to lose.

everytime i open a vid like this i expect to see a bunch of trashy people pulling trailers w/ a truck on 24s.

nothing new.

Drug money racing.

I love when people assume because somebody has 24's they are slinging. good thing ive got 20's!

everytime i open a vid like this i expect to see a bunch of trashy people pulling trailers w/ a truck on 24s.

nothing new.

Drug money racing.

I didn't see too many "trashy" people. I saw a lot of cars and a lot of racing. Do anyone with big rims sells drugs??? I'll make sure to tell mike gibson to hook me up when I see him next time. Here I was thinking he was a road manager for his band, but he's a drug dealer. Smack yourself for making stupid comments

If your caught at a good dragstrip heating bottles with inproper means. Its a lifetime ban for u. And that's one thing they take serious. I know its a streetracing thread buit don't do it. The flintstones had wheels made from rocks don't mean I'm gona install a et and go racing. We have progressed from propane torches. If you can't afford to do it safe. How d u afford to refill the bottle. I've never seen any containment defice that's under pressure tell u to set it on fire.

Its Hard to post street racing videos on a forum with a bunch of non street racers, there's track racing and true street racing and the people who do real street racing take it just as serious as your every Sunday national trails racer! This is their passion and what they do and what they do well so don't knock anyones Motorsport of choice and If you've ever bought these DVDs you'll see they do it in the safest way possible withs cones and rules and no racer is allowed to be seen with a beer or their dq'd. Not like new York where they stop hole sections of freeway to race 10 second all motor civics. Definitely not the stereotype every street racer is a dboy slanging dope or trashy people. There is trash people in every form of motorsports as well and drug money not just street racing.

Its Hard to post street racing videos on a forum with a bunch of non street racers, there's track racing and true street racing and the people who do real street racing take it just as serious as your every Sunday national trails racer! This is their passion and what they do and what they do well so don't knock anyones Motorsport of choice and If you've ever bought these DVDs you'll see they do it in the safest way possible withs cones and rules and no racer is allowed to be seen with a beer or their dq'd. Not like new York where they stop hole sections of freeway to race 10 second all motor civics. Definitely not the stereotype every street racer is a dboy slanging dope or trashy people. There is trash people in every form of motorsports as well and drug money not just street racing.

"like"

We heated our bottles like that for years in Top Sportsman and those were IHRA divivional events. They tech the shit out of you at those races and we never had any problems heating our bottles with torches, everyone did it that way, but yjres have changed a lot since then. Its actually not that dangerous if you do it right. The bottles have a pop off valve on them anyways. We never went abouve 1200 PSI though. I think they are 900 PSI with just a room temp full bottle.

Its the way there heating. A torch in a few given spots versus a botte heater with slow heat the whole way arround. Over time the bottle will get weeker as all metals do when heated. Then grenade when the pressure trys to excape. 1000psi is enuf to send shrapnel into you prety damn far. And the reason u passed tech is cause ur not heating the bottle with a torch in the tech lanes. Trust me get caught by a offical inside the track with a propane torch to bottle and its a lifetime ban. Trails has done it on a few ocasions. Reason its not commonplace is cause most prople now just use nano or ablanket.

I did like the video just not the heating of the bottle. I don't wana see anyone die from a bottle exploding. Period. If a person can afford a 50 dollar bottle of nitrous. A 80 dollar warmer should make perfect sence. And a blanket heats it straight to temp no bs. Can't always get out of a car grab ur torch on 270 heat the bottle then go. Lol