2001/2002/2003 Audi A4/A6

jeffro

Look for coolant/ oil leaks. Check maint on recent timing belt and water pump replacement. This needs to be done every 60-80k. Airbag lights and bad pixels on the cluster. Side mirrors blueing. Also if auto check and make sure the triptronic works properly. Leather cracked seats and loose front bumper clips. And then its just like any other car ( tires brakes etc)

Manual 2.7 Allroad!

Yes!

Also another thing these cars go thru are front control arms so make sure they are updated, also rear brakes like to wear out quickly on these cars.

I reccommend 01 A4 2.8 for reliability, S4 if you want to go fast, A6 or A8 if you want to have a nice cruiser car.

I'd say look at a B5 Passat, but it changed to the B5.5 in 2001 and reliability (what was left) fell off. Love my Passat V6 manual but I've had issues to deal with. Still going strong at 145k miles.

Definitely stick with an A4/manual; easier to find good examples. Good luck finding good A6 and Allroads in stick.

If you are looking for a automatic, grab a 2004 A6 S-Line, as good as it gets in C5 A6 land.

Love mine...108K on it. Runs great. I had the timing belt done at 75K..just brakes and oil changes since.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7136/7482549650_31a7aa9062.jpg