Header advice

xtremef4i

I am wanting to replace the stock header on my bike before I get a custom dyno tune from DTM Brian. I cam accross this on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delkevic-Honda-CBR600-F4i-01-06-Down-Pipes-Header-cbr_W0QQitemZ280322312351QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item280322312351&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

what are everyones thoughts? IMO it looks like a chromed out version of a stock header. Its made out of stainless and is supposedly a reputable company in the UK. Looks pretty much OEM to me what does everyone else think?

Also, anyone have experience with Micron serpent headers? their serpent design sounds convincing and their website shows huge HP gains. I was going to go with a Micron header since its about the cheapest ($400) header only. I want to keep my 2 bros can

Edited by xtremef4i

Larry, my 01 has no cats.....

Yeah I was leaning towards the Micron. I only have a few choices but Now I have to convince the old lady that I need it. I had plans to do somethings to my truck this year but I need to try to get my bike to 100hp so a header is necessaqry to try to acheive that. Highmounts just lower top hp and raise torque. The longer pipe and extra bends dont really help exhaust flow. Im keeping my current canister.

well all be I wish I woulda bought an 01, what kinda numbers did you put down brad. I know honda rates it at 96 or something if you didnt hit 100 with the mods I got no chance in hell being all stock.

If that header had the connecting tubes from 1-2 and 3-4 I'd say it looks identical to the OEM one but polished/chromed.

26d0_1.JPG

I just put a yosh header on mine and am pretty satisfied with it. Took some work to get it to fit w/ my slip-on though.

well all be I wish I woulda bought an 01, what kinda numbers did you put down brad. I know honda rates it at 96 or something if you didnt hit 100 with the mods I got no chance in hell being all stock.

I only got 97.1hp and 42lbs torque with all my mods. Very dissapointed being that stock is 95.......This is why I am considering a header now, and if I ever came across a set of aftermarket cams Id be set for sho. I have a goal of 100 ponies

I just put a yosh header on mine and am pretty satisfied with it. Took some work to get it to fit w/ my slip-on though.

Did you buy it from Yosh? how much if you dont mind? could you tell any difference in performance? What slip on are you running and where was the problems with getting it to fit? I figured it should be an easy swap

That header looks nice maybe look around for some reviews on it ?

Rep for micron, I love mine....although the high mount looks kinda big on the bike.

My favorite mufflers are the LeoVince gp style pipes though. Problem is one of those would be way loud on a catless bike.

Damn it Brad if you go doing this then I'm gonna have to mod up some more too...

Why do you think I am wanting to do all I can to get more than you Dustin. Im still pissed that your bike made more than mine and its Carbed...

Why do you think I am wanting to do all I can to get more than you Dustin. Im still pissed that your bike made more than mine and its Carbed...

Mine's been professionally tuned :)

I tell ya I love my carbs...Just wait til winter, I'll have 110hp and 50ft/lb come dyno day next april :D

those ebay headers are oem replacements. same tube diameter etc. I emailed them about it and thats what i was told. I too am looking to get atleast 100 rwhp out of my f3 and have been searching high and low for gains. might wanna check with erion racing, they have some bolt on cams that are good for a few extra hp :grin: they do make a difference but kinda pricey

Mine's been professionally tuned :)

I tell ya I love my carbs...Just wait til winter, I'll have 110hp and 50ft/lb come dyno day next april :D

headwork and 636 kit? Dont make me jealous..... I'll have to get a big bore kit custom made just to keep up w/ u.

those ebay headers are oem replacements. same tube diameter etc. I emailed them about it and thats what i was told. I too am looking to get atleast 100 rwhp out of my f3 and have been searching high and low for gains. might wanna check with erion racing, they have some bolt on cams that are good for a few extra hp :grin: they do make a difference but kinda pricey

Thanks for checking on that mang. I checked erion yesterday. they only make cams for F3 and F2. I could ger my hands on some cams from a race shop but they are gonna cost me big bucks

I got it off ebay as a full system made shorty, but wanted to keep my Leo Vince high mount, for $158 shipped. The shorty is not in the best shape anyway.

The OEM header exits straight back while the Yosh kicks out to the side a bit. Had to have it cut and welded to get it close enough for the slip to fit.

I think it performs better but was over winter so there is no back to back. I think I am using the Akropovic map and will probably get tuned soon. I am also running a PC IIIr so I will probably play with the ignition too.

Fuck a truck or any other 4 wheel performance enhancers. You just keep your head on your bike. Don't waste money on 4 wheels except for maintenance. You're a biker son...a biker.:cool:

yup when you have a bike that already does 10-11 seconds in the 1/4 STOCK, why dump money into a slow heavy truck? :beathorse:

edit: oh yea you have a s-10....so scratch the "heavy" part

but s-10's still fit in the slow truck category :D

headwork and 636 kit? Dont make me jealous..... I'll have to get a big bore kit custom made just to keep up w/ u.

Haven't decided yet. I think the 636 kit is getting a bit optimistic. Maybe a full exhaust system, cams, and port/polish though.

I want to keep it dependable and ridable though. This beast has to be able to do a 1200-1500 mile weekend, but still have the balls to play in the twisties.