Cable Reviews

integranator

I'm in the process of switching from Dish to DirecTV. Can't wait. I'm getting the HR34 HD DVR box that can record 5 shows at the same time. NFL Sunday ticket for free this year. HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax free for the first 3 months.

I have TWC only because wow doesnt have service in my area in polaris lol, I have the 30MB down/ 5 Up and a bunch of channels for 90 something. I call and complain all the time so I get crazy amounts of discounts

I wish WOW would offer a 30/5 tier. Or turn the 50/5 tier into 50/10. I have 50/5 right now and the downstream is admittedly overkill but I love the upstream for various reasons.

My WOW HD DVR is slower than balls and my internet cuts out at random times (more at night). I've had 5 techs out and the last one who came out said I should replace my router to see if that fixes the issue. I haven't done it yet. It's and old linksys G router. I'll get to it eventually.

I wish WOW would offer a 30/5 tier. Or turn the 50/5 tier into 50/10. I have 50/5 right now and the downstream is admittedly overkill but I love the upstream for various reasons.

I'd love 10mbit up. I routinely max my 5mbit up...even when my seedbox isn't running :masturboy:

My WOW HD DVR is slower than balls and my internet cuts out at random times (more at night). I've had 5 techs out and the last one who came out said I should replace my router to see if that fixes the issue. I haven't done it yet. It's and old linksys G router. I'll get to it eventually.

I got WOW right when they made their wideband options available and had an issue where their modem thing reset typically once a day on its own. It wasn't a huge problem because it ended up being about 45 seconds of downtime a day but if that happened during an online game or watching something on Netflix then it was an issue. They came out and replaced the modem and everything and it didn't help at all.

I've got their Ultra TV now so everyone goes through their "gateway" and it runs like a champ. The only issue I've had since I got that back in March or whenever it became available was an outage related to the massive power outages from the derecho back in July.

I reset the whole system on my own every 2-3 weeks just out of paranoia.

Any of the WOW! users here have the Ultra TV stuff?

If so how do you like it? I have heard a lot of issues with it, in regards to VPN, etc...

I had the Ultra TV at my old place and honestly its pretty cool but many times the players would do weird things or freeze up. I never had a issue connecting to my personal or work VPN using there gateway.

I had the Ultra TV at my old place and honestly its pretty cool but many times the players would do weird things or freeze up. I never had a issue connecting to my personal or work VPN using there gateway.

I find it interesting that is for sure. I have just read a lot of hate on the whole setup. Glad to hear it worked well for you