School me on Merc E55's

oh8sti

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 02 E55 with 30k miles. Any finance company wil allow you to pick up a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty with it. I have a bumper to bumper until the end of 2015. The car has ben great. Dont be afraid of a used one. Do your research and you wil see that you will not find a better AMG with the power at the price. They are 80% the power of a C63 with a 1/3 the cost. I never liked AMG until I drove this car. 351 HP with 400 fpt @ 2k RPM is sweet. This is a lot lighter than typical MB at 3900 pounds curb weight (thing moves). The 03-06 have more HP avail than 02, but same torque band I believe.

Mine is a virgin still and want to get the X-pipe/resonator delete/ high flow secondary cats to give it a throaty tone and free up some HP. Be warned that MB chokes these motors pretty bad so anything you can do to open it up a little and let it breathe is recommended. The motors and tranny are tuned very well and not much more you can squeeze out of them. Get the carbon fiber intake and do the exhaust stuff and you will be very happy. Join MBworld.org and they can advise you on your E55. You wont find more info on the net than what they provide for your car. Enjoy. It is a badass car...

Can you get a CLS for $25k? We looked at them when we bougt our E, but there was still quite a big delta between the two cars back then. CLS is dead sexy though.

Not for 25k, they are in the $28k-35k with anywhere from 40k miles and above. The body line on the CLS are sex. I would put in a little more to go with a good CLS. The only problem is it would have more miles than a similarly priced E55.

I found a 15,000 miles silver E that is clean as shit. Still haven't found a really clean/low mile CLS for a good price. Might be tough. I have time though, so I'm not worried.

I have an 02 E55 with 30k miles. Any finance company wil allow you to pick up a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty with it. I have a bumper to bumper until the end of 2015. The car has ben great. Dont be afraid of a used one. Do your research and you wil see that you will not find a better AMG with the power at the price. They are 80% the power of a C63 with a 1/3 the cost. I never liked AMG until I drove this car. 351 HP with 400 fpt @ 2k RPM is sweet. This is a lot lighter than typical MB at 3900 pounds curb weight (thing moves). The 03-06 have more HP avail than 02, but same torque band I believe.

Mine is a virgin still and want to get the X-pipe/resonator delete/ high flow secondary cats to give it a throaty tone and free up some HP. Be warned that MB chokes these motors pretty bad so anything you can do to open it up a little and let it breathe is recommended. The motors and tranny are tuned very well and not much more you can squeeze out of them. Get the carbon fiber intake and do the exhaust stuff and you will be very happy. Join MBworld.org and they can advise you on your E55. You wont find more info on the net than what they provide for your car. Enjoy. It is a badass car...

Thanks for the info man. I've only heard good things about these cars. I'm glad you answered my question about warranties. I was wondering about that. It makes going this direction much easier.

Just noticed this little unclaimed note in my rep section....

"wow kid, you need to learn how to support your self, still living off mommy and daddy. pathetic"

Clearly this is a person that has never met me or was gabe/paul (in that case, i laugh.....always).

"wow kid, you need to learn how to support your self, still living off mommy and daddy. pathetic"

Clearly this is a person that has never met me or was gabe/paul (in that case, i laugh.....always).

YOU NEED TO SUPPORT YOURSELF KID.

Haters gonna hate. Screw anyone who is somehow effected by how you live your life.

One more thing on the E55 or the CLS55, check the compression on cyclinder #8. It's usually slightly lower than the rest, but if more than 10% lower, walk away.

Thanks! I was planning on having a dealership look over whatever car i go with and ill remind them to do this.

Wear a jockstrap all the time, support issue solved.

I wonder if that person has ever met you and gotten to know you... seems as if "not".

Why you dead set on these? You trying to look like a balla, shot calla? 20inch blades on the impala?

For the money, the stock performance can't be matched from what I've seen. Throw some ideas at me Paul. Must be 4 door, rear wheel or all wheel and above 400hp stock. I know there are options, but for the quality and resale value, an E55 or CLS55 cant be beat as far as I know. But then again I need educated. Hence the reason of this thread.

I would LOVE if it wasn't a Mercedes. I don't like what comes along with driving a Mercedes (how people view you). Much of the same reason I didn't go with an escalade.

Wasn't me, but I lolled. I love these cars. If you've got the funds, do it man. YOLO.