Rear tire changes made easier

nochknstrps

Considering you can just use your foot to lift it and that you really need two hands to do the axle, hold the brake caliper, etc., this thing look bulky.

Kind of a neat idea, but for at least $100? Nah... Watch the guys at an AMA or WERA event and see how they change tires... These are nowhere to be found.

I don't need it. I find it pretty easy and quick when I do it with just my rear stand, foot, and hands. I sit down and put one of my feet under the wheel which keeps it from falling. Everything is still in place when I remove the axle. Then I lift the caliper off and lay it across the swingarm. Then I pull the wheel towards me while removing my foot and it's all done. This tool in my opinion is a waste of money. It's a simple 1 man job.

You don't need no damn buddy help for a wheel removal warpspeed. Come on man! Get with it!

the removal is cake :D

its getting the caliper and wheel lined up is what is a pita....I've did it by meself though.

Just saying that 2 more hands is better and cheaper than that silly tool if you think you need help. Oh and having 2 people to cuss at the bike instead of one helps too!!!! :)

its getting the caliper and wheel lined up is what is a pita....I've did it by meself though.

Just saying that 2 more hands is better and cheaper than that silly tool if you think you need help. Oh and having 2 people to cuss at the bike instead of one helps too!!!! :)

:plus1::guitar:

go get yourself a piece of PVC tubing same diameter as the axle I think its 3/4 inch (R6) and cut it long enough to hold the brake. But not long enough for the wheel. I placed a "T" piece at the end as a make shift handle.

This will hold the caliper in place while you thread the axle from the other side. Also beveling the rear brake pads with a grinder will make it much easier to line up.

Man some of you guys need to be more coordinated and utilize your hands and feet better. PCV, tire hoisters, etc... just for taking wheel off and on. :nono:

FAIL! :lol:

Yeah I guess spending 1 dollar on some PVC is stupid when you can look like a bear in the circus changing a tire.:rolleyes:

:cheers:

go get yourself a piece of PVC tubing same diameter as the axle I think its 3/4 inch (R6) and cut it long enough to hold the brake. But not long enough for the wheel. I placed a "T" piece at the end as a make shift handle.

This will hold the caliper in place while you thread the axle from the other side. Also beveling the rear brake pads with a grinder will make it much easier to line up.

Your method only works if the axle bolt is on the right side of the swingarm. You have to remember that on many bikes, (especially older bikes) the axle inserts from the right where the caliper is located and the axle bolt is on the left.

Yes I know that some people just swap axle directions but most dont.