Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Rally Pat

do they make any MGS games for xbox now or is it still playstation only? I'm curious because I love these games, but I haven't kept up with them.

Yes, all MGS games from now on will be multiplatform. In addition, you can pick up the MGS HD Collection, which has MGS 2 and 3, and MGS PEACE WALKER for Xbox 360 and PS3. They couldn't include MGS1 for a lot of reasons that I am too lazy to explain here. I wouldn't count on MGS4 for 360 though, that game was custom written to push the PS3 to it's limits. I think to this day its the only PS3 game to completely fill up a Blu-ray disk. I could see it being re-released next generation though.

Yes, all MGS games from now on will be multiplatform. In addition, you can pick up the MGS HD Collection, which has MGS 2 and 3, and MGS PEACE WALKER for Xbox 360 and PS3. They couldn't include MGS1 for a lot of reasons that I am too lazy to explain here. I wouldn't count on MGS4 for 360 though, that game was custom written to push the PS3 to it's limits. I think to this day its the only PS3 game to completely fill up a Blu-ray disk. I could see it being re-released next generation though.

I think a lot of that filling of the Blu Ray is hd videos and audio too.

been waiting for this one for some time now, the only one I didn't care for was Metal Gear Portable Ops for the PSP, the rest of the games were awesome. Metal Gear solid for the PS1 is still my favorite with Snake Eater at a very close 2nd.

Portable Ops was very "eh...". I highly suggest PEACE WALKER, though. I think its one of the best games in the series, and right in the trailer for GZ you see Chico from PW and they mention Paz from PW also.. At the very least, the story makes the most sense. lol. There are a bunch of "Let's Plays" for it out there if you don't feel like playing it yourself.

Edited by Rally Pat

Yeah, Metal Gear Rising, which was actually supposed to be the first game to be made on the Fox engine until Kojima Productions scrapped it. It was picked up by Platinum Games, the people who did Bayonetta, and its running on their engine.

Portable Ops was very "eh...". I highly suggest PEACE WALKER, though. I think its one of the best games in the series, and right in the trailer for GZ you see Chico from PW and they mention Paz from PW also.. At the very least, the story makes the most sense. lol. There are a bunch of "Let's Plays" for it out there if you don't feel like playing it yourself.

I have peace walker for the PSP but not the remastered HD version for the PS3, just an FYI I remember you telling me you also have the PS Vita? if so the Metal Gear game for the Vita has Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater & the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 games from the NES days.

I have peace walker for the PSP but not the remastered HD version for the PS3, just an FYI I remember you telling me you also have the PS Vita? if so the Metal Gear game for the Vita has Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater & the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 games from the NES days.

They are also on the 360 and PS3 versions in MGS3, as the one they used was the Subsistence version, and they were actually for the MSX not the NES. Kojima had nothing to do with the NES Metal Gears, and in fact is quoted as calling them "crap".

Edited by Rally Pat

I picked up that HD collection for 360, looks great but I still hate the controls.

Peace Walker has MGS4 style controls and combat, which to me anyway, made it play much better than MGS2 and 3, so there is that to look forward or skip to.

Something to look out for: The PS2 had pressure sensitive buttons, so if you had your finger on the trigger in MGS2/3, and for whatever reason you decided not to take a shot, you could let go of the fire button slowly to put your gun down. The only way to do that on the 360 version is to tap your shoulder button to put the gun away. If you just let go of the button, whatever weapon you have in hand will fire and alert the guards.

Peace Walker has MGS4 style controls and combat, which to me anyway, made it play much better than MGS2 and 3, so there is that to look forward or skip to.

Something to look out for: The PS2 had pressure sensitive buttons, so if you had your finger on the trigger in MGS2/3, and for whatever reason you decided not to take a shot, you could let go of the fire button slowly to put your gun down. The only way to do that on the 360 version is to tap your shoulder button to put the gun away. If you just let go of the button, whatever weapon you have in hand will fire and alert the guards.

my issue is the crawling and standing function