Going Price For...

wagner

Looking to get either an XD 9mm or a Glock 19.

What kinds of prices are good for new or used guns? I have looked around on-line and they just seem to be all over the place. I am looking to educate myself on what a "good deal" really is before I buy.

I know to avoid Blackwing and Gander Mountain for new stuff because their prices are as high as a cat's ass.

Before you buy a G19 you should read up on all the problems they have been having

That being said, the only way I'd be a Glock is if it were a police trade in, those sometimes dip below $300.

As long as its a detective, most police trade ins are used and abused. A lot of the glocks vances gets in are range guns. no thanks.

Before you buy a G19 you should read up on all the problems they have been having

That being said, the only way I'd be a Glock is if it were a police trade in, those sometimes dip below $300.

For whatever reason, they changed the extractor design, which is now sub-par. Swap it out for an Apex or an older gen extractor if you can find one. Problem solved. :masturboy:

Has anybody had any issues with armslist.com? I have seen a few guns on there I liked, just was not sure if there was anything I needed to be aware of.

There were several XDs on there that are close to the suggested prices in here. Few that were a bit more expensive but seemed to have extra stuff (mags and or ammo).

When buying used is roundcount something I need to be wary of?

I have owned 3 glocks in the past with no problems. The 19 I have now is my 3rd glock and it has no issues. I just need more practice to shoot it has good as my 1911. The GEN 3 guns are very reliable.. The early gen 4 guns have been hit and miss from what I have read. All of mine were gen 2 and 3. I am actually looking into a glock 30 to add to the collection.

I have owned 3 glocks in the past with no problems. The 19 I have now is my 3rd glock and it has no issues. I just need more practice to shoot it has good as my 1911. The GEN 3 guns are very reliable.. The early gen 4 guns have been hit and miss from what I have read. All of mine were gen 2 and 3. I am actually looking into a glock 30 to add to the collection.

They changed the extractor design in (some of) the new 3rd Gens.

Has anybody had any issues with armslist.com? I have seen a few guns on there I liked, just was not sure if there was anything I needed to be aware of.

There were several XDs on there that are close to the suggested prices in here. Few that were a bit more expensive but seemed to have extra stuff (mags and or ammo).

I have bought and sold a few guns off armslist. Never had a problem. My main concern is always meeting up with a stranger. I always bring a buddy or someone with me when meeting up. I always meet somewhere at a location I choose.

You mean you missed that part where you meet a stranger to buy a mystery weapon?

I've bought from dealers off of there, just be educated about what you are buying.

Had you read through my link you would have seen that late gen 3 and gen 4 models have a new extractor that starts causing issues around the 800 round mark. So your gen 2 and gen 3 depending on age wouldn't have any problems

Had you read through my link you would have seen that late gen 3 and gen 4 models have a new extractor that starts causing issues around the 800 round mark. So your gen 2 and gen 3 depending on age wouldn't have any problems

Have a feeling you just don't like glocks. ?