Chick-fil-a

87GT

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostonspirit/2012/09/chick-fil-a_to_cease_giving_mo.html

BRACE YOURSELVES MASSIVE FUNDIES WILL BE CRYING SOON. Delicious tears of joy from Christians upset about change :dumb:

Chick-fil-A to cease giving money to anti-gay organizations

Print | Comments (15) Posted by David Zimmerman September 19, 2012 10:25 AM

The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA), Illinois’ largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights advocacy organization, has released a statement confirming that Chick-Fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations.

From the statement:

In a letter addressed to Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno and signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, it states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.” In meetings the company executives clarified that they will no longer give to anti-gay organizations, such as Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage.

Also, according to TCRA, senior management has sent an internal memo to franchisees and stakeholders that stated that, as a company, they will “treat every person with honor, dignity and respect-regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender,” and that their “intent is not to engage in political or social debates.” This statement was placed into an official company document called “Chick-fil-A: Who We Are.”

“We are very pleased with this outcome and thank Alderman Moreno for his work on this issue,” said Anthony Martinez, executive director of The Civil Rights Agenda. “I think the most important part of this outcome is that Chick-fil-A has ceased their donations to anti-gay groups in 2011 and going forward. With some of the groups that they were donating to being classified as hate groups, and others actively trying to halt the movement toward full civil rights for LGBT people, Chick-fil-A has taken a big step forward. We are encouraged by their willingness to serve all people and ensure their profits are not used to fight against a minority community that is still trying to gain full and equal civil rights.”

“Although we are encouraged by their internal statement, we still would like for the company to adopt an anti-discrimination policy at the corporate level,” said Rick Garcia, policy advisor for The Civil Rights Agenda. “It is one thing for a company to say they respect everyone they serve and employ, it is quite another for them to put that into their policies and demand that all employees adhere to that behavior. As we have heard from gay employees that work for Chick-fil-A, there is a culture of discrimination within the company and we would like to ensure that employees can speak out and call attention to those practices without fear of reprisal. It takes time to change the culture of any institution and steps like a corporate policy ensure that progress is made.”

This blog is not written or edited by Boston.com or the Boston Globe.

The author is solely responsible for the content.

We will no longer cater to those with political agendas!!!

We'd like to the thank The Civil Rights Agenda for helping us.

It is probably because they lost a lot of money. Like this for example from the mayor of boston

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/23/boston-mayor-blocks-chick-fil-a-franchise-from-city-over-homophobic-attitude/

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston,” Menino told the Boston Herald on Thursday. “You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against the population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion. That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Tl;dr

Restaurant "Chick-fil-a" with mediocre fried chickenz no longer openly donates to anti-gay organizations. They become truly 'MERICA SON and all the Christians shed a tear.

Also the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

No doubt it's about money, but LOL at the mayor of Boston believing freedom is telling people how they should think.

Having lived in Boston, I can confirm that Mayor Menino, as someone who is physically incapable of thought, should not be telling people how to think.

Oh btw, chick fil a only made money on this whole lezbo butt hurtness.

The gay community needs to relax. If they quit making things so political I think people would take them more seriously. Just shut up, kiss dudes, do your thing, no one will fucking care.

The gay community needs to relax. If they quit making things so political I think people would take them more seriously. Just shut up, kiss dudes, do your thing, no one will fucking care.

Lol you really dont get it do you.

Of course its political. They are being denied basic rights.

No doubt it's about money, but LOL at the mayor of Boston believing freedom is telling people how they should think.

+45642976

Yeah, and say what businesses do what kind of business, and where at. What a pile of shit. If its chick fil a's viewpoint that they don't agree with gay people, who gives a fuck. If you disagree, don't eat there. (You will be missing out on the baddest ass chicken though).

I foremost don't give a fuck what gay people do. I am more pissed that they still just don't shut the fuck up about inequality. Just give them what they want so they go away and stop posting about it on facebook.

i'd bet your jimmies would be rustled if someone was actively seeking to take your RIGHT to fuck fat chicks....

Not to who they want.

What if it were no legal for Black to marry Whites.

Think there would be uproar?

:zoom:

KillJoy

What if I wanted to marry my Mom? Or, wanted to have a marriage to three hot triplets?

Do I care if two dudes live together and make out? Nope. Do I think everyone should be able to call marriage anything they want because they want to? Nope.

What if I wanted to marry my Mom? Or, wanted to have a marriage to three hot triplets?

Do I care if two dudes live together and make out? Nope. Do I think everyone should be able to call marriage anything they want because they want to? Nope.

what consenting adults do with each other shouldn't be the government's worry. but when you give benefits to one pair of consenting adults and not the other, there is a problem.

if gay people can't get married, we should take all benefits (of marriage) away from those married people.

Marriage isn't the issue. Don't call it marriage. Call it a Union, whatever won't upset the delicate religious nuts.

The point isn't a religious marriage, its 2 people wanting to have everything together, a life, health benefits, health decisions, retirement etc.

The word marriage gets associated with religion which causes the issues. I can't see any sane person objecting to gays having the same rights as others if it isn't tied to some religious ceremony, if they do, they are just plain :dumb:

what consenting adults do with each other shouldn't be the government's worry. but when you give benefits to one pair of consenting adults and not the other, there is a problem.

if gay people can't get married, we should take all benefits (of marriage) away from those married people.

Agreed.

Dax Shephard and Kristen Bell are never getting married because their Gay friends/relatives don't have the same privilege. I think thats awesome.

http://www.widerights.com/download/what_will_happen_if_gay_marriage_is_legalized.jpg

Damn fucking straight (pun intended)