03/04 jeep cherokee limited??

Stimmel1647545512

I am looking into buying a 03/04 cherokee limited/overland both cars in question have the 4.7 v8 both have around 100k on them both are fulled loaded all options etc, my question is what is a fair price for one of these with 100/120k on the clock any issues that i should look for? anything that is a common problem with these cars?

just looking for some input from owners past and present

thanks

Anything before the 2005 restyle sells pretty cheap. Like $6000 for a NICE one. The 4.7 is fine but a lot of people will claim they sludge, engines sludge because idiot owners don't change the oil. Service records would be nice. Try to get one with the transfer case that allows you to go into 2wd instead of requiring full time 4x4 for the sake of gas mileage. Headlights fog up/yellow pretty bad. I've heard rumor of electrical problems but nothing difficult. Overall, they are a good deal for what they are so long as you don't mind shit gas mileage. If I was looking for a cheap SUV I'd look at them first.

the dual zone climate control likes to fail, window regulators will fail, high pressure power steering line leaks, front rotors like to warp, and check the transfer case. Just do a couple tight circles to the left then the right. See if you get any binding. Transmissions and transfer cases are funny about what fluid you use. You can get sludge issues, but that is usually with long oil change intervals.

Anything before the 2005 restyle sells pretty cheap. Like $6000 for a NICE one. The 4.7 is fine but a lot of people will claim they sludge, engines sludge because idiot owners don't change the oil. Service records would be nice. Try to get one with the transfer case that allows you to go into 2wd instead of requiring full time 4x4 for the sake of gas mileage. Headlights fog up/yellow pretty bad. I've heard rumor of electrical problems but nothing difficult. Overall, they are a good deal for what they are so long as you don't mind shit gas mileage. If I was looking for a cheap SUV I'd look at them first.

gas milliage wise there really not bad. mine being lifted with 285/75/16's is still got 22 on the highway

overheating was a major killer of the 4.7's

also the blower motor resistor. both of my jeep i had to replace this. $90 ish dealer part takes 15 mins to fix. also sterring damper...death wobble sucks

ball joints and hub assebles are common as well as the front drive shaft. ( which IS NOT cheap ) bearings in the eariler modles like the fail. with the 03/04 im pretty sure they used a u joint setup at that point though so no worries there.

factory amps like the fail as well.

window regulators will fail, high pressure power steering line leaks, front rotors like to warp, oil leaks, blower motor, main ECU (I was told there are 11 in the truck,) driver seat heater and the front diff

These where all the things I had to replace on my GC. Keep in mind it's a Mopar and the paint sucks.

cool thanks guys i test drove a fully loaded 01 limited with 70k miles everything is fine except for the front speakers seem to be quiet or not work (infinity sound) and of course the driver seat makes a terrbiel sound when moving the back portion foward, are these terrible/expensive fixes?

cool thanks guys i test drove a fully loaded 01 limited with 70k miles everything is fine except for the front speakers seem to be quiet or not work (infinity sound) and of course the driver seat makes a terrbiel sound when moving the back portion foward, are these terrible/expensive fixes?

Front tweeter speakers are known to blow. I got a replacement from you pull it.

what is the price on the jeep? i just sold an '04 grand cherokee limited, clean as hell. white, 4.7, 4wd selectable, leather loaded. had 158k on it. bought it from auction for 2700 and sold it for 4800.

also had an '01 grand cherokee limited, fully loaded, 4.7, with 154k. had some rust on the rockers. bought it for 1800 sold it for 2900