Giant Eagle Gift Card Policy Change

Wease

This. I know a company that would buy $100k of HD cards from GE every month.

Right. I believe this is the culprit right here. Not that I blame them, I'd do the same thing and was trying to buy as many gift cards as possible myself... :nod:

I remember when you'd get 4 fill ups a month at X amount off, now its one fill up a month use all of X or break it down, so fuck them I spend more than enough in groceries, gift cards, prescriptions etc...

Right. That was Kroger's policy. I used to only use them until they changed it, then went over to Giant Eagle... :(

You fuckers scamming the system is why this shit is being rolled back. We can't have anything nice around here.

If they don't want to give a discount on 30 gallons, they shouldn't offer it. If I buy 10 gallons and Hick McPickup can take full advantage, is he scamming the system? No. It shouldn't matter.

I bring gas cans with me because my van is only 18 gallons, I fill the other 10 into my cans (that I purchased at giant eagle's gas station)

Yeah thats what I do. The Jeep takes 20 gallons and I got 2 5gallon tanks in the back. I try to fill up 30 gallons everytime

I try to fill up 30 gallons everytime

Same here. I'm the guy who will usually save up enough to get a free tank, unless I have points that are expiring, so I'm not wasting any "free" gas at all. Fuck that... :)

I remember when you'd get 4 fill ups a month at X amount off, now its one fill up a month use all of X or break it down, so fuck them I spend more than enough in groceries, gift cards, prescriptions etc...

The sad thing is, i had to go to a 7 hour long meeting about how they were changing to this new system, but all they did was say " well we made xxx millions in profit last year, but we missed ouy on a couple thousand bc of the fuel points system, so were changing it"...

The sad thing is, i had to go to a 7 hour long meeting about how they were changing to this new system, but all they did was say " well we made xxx millions in profit last year, but we missed ouy on a couple thousand bc of the fuel points system, so were changing it"...

Well fuck them for that! That totally changed my approach to grocery shopping and gas. Soon after, Kroger started sending me a lot of coupons in the mail, I think because they realized I wasn't shopping there as much. At least that's what I think it was... :mad:

Well fuck them for that! That totally changed my approach to grocery shopping and gas. Soon after, Kroger started sending me a lot of coupons in the mail, I think because they realized I wasn't shopping there as much. At least that's what I think it was... :mad:

Nope, pretty much everyone got those. That and they very slightly lowered prices in store cause they knew they fucked up...lol