Storage insurance?

wnaplay1647545503

insurance companies will insure anything you want so long as you pay them.

If you are just insuring a car that isn't being driven, so long as it doesn't have plates then just put fire and theft on it. If it does have plates you need to keep liability on it or else be able to prove it isn't driveable or else the state will send you a "random" check to see if you have insurance.

I wasn't aware they offer insurance strictly on cars stored for long periods but are sometimes driven.

I believe it's basically comprehensive coverage only (the other two parts are collision and liability coverages). The car does not need to be registered or otherwise; it's irrelevant. More than half of my cars have been under comprehensive-only coverage for 6 or so months during cold weather.

A friend who has two nearly-never driven cars have comprehensive only all year round; these cars have only been driven under 100 miles in most years; in some years they were not driven at all. He has an arrangement with his insurance agent allowing him to put temporary full coverage when he felt like taking one out. So far, it has worked out just fine for him.

I believe it's basically comprehensive coverage only (the other two parts are collision and liability coverages). The car does not need to be registered or otherwise; it's irrelevant.

I've been using this on my toy cars for years. I can't drive the cars at all with this coverage. I can back them out of the garage and into the driveway and that's it. If you have current tags on the vehicle I recommend leaving liability coverage on it too. If the state sends you a letter requesting proof of insurance you wont have it with just comprehensive coverage.

I pay just under $20 for 6 months of coverage for two cars.