1JZ questions..

Geeesammy

Thanks! I need to take out a little resonator or whatever you would consider it that's before the muffler, but the neighbors already hate me as the car is...so it may have to stay in until I get moved down onto campus next year. Who knows though lol

I ran my 1j mk3 open downpipe....sounded good

I ran my 1j mk3 open downpipe....sounded good

How obnoxious was it? lol I'm assuming it cant be worse than when I ran my old LS1 with open headers....

I ran bkr7e on my stock twin 1jz gapped at .28 with no issues. I run an aem ems with a 1jz to 2jz conversion harness

What kind of boost are you pushing through the stockers? I've heard they are only good for 14-16lbs and then they will grenade themselves...I know my seals are getting to be a little shot so I'm gonna try and find replacements while I still can before absolutely needing them.

Yep! And it doesn't he had pretty much the whole lot of 2J parts for it but I just couldn't swing the money, even with the killer prices he was throwing at me. I'll just list the major ones of the top of my head, all he did except the AEM Wideband UEGO.

Blitz FMIC/piping

HKS SSQV BOV

Full 3" Catless exhaust

Blitz Nur-Spec Cat-back

440cc injectors

Aeromotive FPR

Wally 255 I believe

Apexi AFC NEO

Apexi EBC

few other..4.30 rear end, lowering springs. I've got winter tires and wheels for it now, doing a few things here and there to spruce it up and make it my own..

As far as the plugs goes, I went back with the NGK BKR 6's that were in there originally. It's running better than ever and I've been slowly adjusting the tune, especially the part-throttle. The Apexi unit doesn't do too much, but its making me a little more comfortable seeing something other than a 16.5 AFR at part throttle

You'll want to go over everything in that car with a fine tooth comb. The owner before you wasn't what I'm concerned about, it's his friend who did alot of the work on it... I'd check EVERYTHING. IIRC, the 2j twins had been on the car at one point, could be wrong though. I also think they had some home made meth injection kit on it as well.

You'll want to go over everything in that car with a fine tooth comb. The owner before you wasn't what I'm concerned about, it's his friend who did alot of the work on it... I'd check EVERYTHING. IIRC, the 2j twins had been on the car at one point, could be wrong though. I also think they had some home made meth injection kit on it as well.

Hmm, that's good to know. I'm assuming the guy that did the work is a bit of a shady character? I know he had an adapter plate for the 2J's that his friend fab'd up. I've kind of felt that they had gotten into the turbo side before and fooled around just by how some of it looked. There is a kill switch wired into the starter wiring which seems pretty ridiculous to me, any time Ive ever seen one wired it's been for a fuel pump cut off, then it serves two functions incase for some odd reason turning the key to off doesn't shut the car down.

Definitely going to give it a good look over here soon. I've wanted to but either haven't had the time or motivation.

If you're missing still or having rough idle there's always the cps and isc to check. Hadn't seen those two mentioned, yet. (Honestly, I only glanced quickly through as I'm short on time.)

I'm assuming those would be camshaft or crankshaft position sensor and idle speed controller respectively, right?

I hate to say this but check compression.

I was planning on doing it sooner or later just for my own curiousity and to know, looks like I'll be doing it sooner..

Yes, I apologize.

No, you're fine. I was just double checking. I'm assuming the idle speed controller is likely in or very near the throttle body assembly, correct? As far as the CPS which is it?