Driven With Purpose...Rally for the cure 10/7/12

Rob1647545496

Just got back. This was a lot of fun. The route started at the QSL in Polaris, went up to Slow Motion in Sunbury, then Golden China in Reynoldsbur, over to Yellow Rose Tattoo in Zanesville, through the Triple Nickle, to Cool Spot in Coolville, then all the way across to Infiniti of Dayton, then ended up at the QSL in Beavercreek. Official distance was 333mi, and official time was 6:32 (roughly the length of a chemo treatment). Trophies were given for closest time, closest distance, Best Costume, and Best use of "Survivor Pink".

I came in second closest on time, but I also took it easy on the long highway transitions. I made up a LOT of time on 555. :D (The BRZ was fantastic on the Triple Nickle. Loved it). After 555 was a long stretch on 50 which had some great scenery for those who wanted a more relaxed drive.

This was a lot of fun and a lot of good people. Some cool cars showed up including a ZR1 and a GT-R. The girl driving the GT-R was dressed as Lara Croft, and a there were a pair of themed C6s. One was black and was piloted by Darth Vader (with "My other car is a Death Star" on the rear bumper). The other 'vette was an homage to Top Gun with Maverick and Goose.

Closest Time went to a guy in an Acura Integra. He also got best use of Pink as he lost his hood on the highway the previous week and painted his new one pink for the run.

Best costume went to Darth. And I think a '90s Grand Prix won closest distance.

Some unofficial prizes were given for shortest time (the Grand Prix), Shortest distance (A G35 I think), and slowest time (the ZR1 which got lost and may or may not have got a love letter from the cops :D).

Fun was had, the rain wasn't too bad, 555 was dry in the later half, and only one case of POPO. I hope more of CR shows up for next year.

In. Bringing the BRZ since the STI still needs tires.

I saw you, the ZR1 and two infinitis on 270 between 3 and 670. Was pulling onto 270 in the Yukon, and was actually just after I was telling the gf about the event and how I was bummed that I was missing it.

I saw you, the ZR1 and two infinitis on 270 between 3 and 670. Was pulling onto 270 in the Yukon, and was actually just after I was telling the gf about the event and how I was bummed that I was missing it.

I also saw Cleetus driving on 71 around Polaris. Seems CR was out and about in all forms yesterday.