So about those "free" car washes at the Lexus dealership...

ForeverMaker

Few years back I purchased a new Black Escalade for my wife. We had to take in for service at like 200 miles. When I picked it up they had ran it through that same wash and completely jacked the paint. I flipped out on them and they had a detailer fix most of it, ultimately I got stuck getting my own detailer to fix it.(thanks Andy)

Coughlin did the same thing to my new 2500 Silverado. Dealerships kill me with these garbage washes. When i bitched about it there they said they would give me a detail to fix the swirls. I drop the truck off and when I pick it back up the paint looks the same, they ran it through a touchless wash. You could tell because of the wax residue all over the windshield. The guy was complaining that it cost over 100 dollars. I said thanks and just took a mental note of what really happened. It's a truck so I didn't care too much, just the principle of it. Then to lie about detailing it.. Seriously..

Now I'm very clear when buying or taking in for service. Don't wash it, I'll do it myself.

One of those car wash places where you go inside and they wash and dry for you. Sax is just an example. There's one in Grandview. There are other similar places under different names. I've never used one.

OP - Do you know if your Lexus dealership has a "touchless" wash? Wondering if the scratches come from washing or drying (or both).