thinking of trading a vehicle for a tdi.

OGRE

B5.5 Passats are OK from a reliability standpoint. Automatic transmission with 115k miles on it makes me a little nervous. MAG means they added at least $1,500 to the price. :lol:

TDi's rule, but be prepared for expensive parts, if not expensive service for repairs. I'm assuming you do all the work yourself.

Any thoughts on a Jetta TDi wagon? Slightly smaller, but you get an even more economical package...

B5.5 Passats are OK from a reliability standpoint. Automatic transmission with 115k miles on it makes me a little nervous. MAG means they added at least $1,500 to the price. :lol:

TDi's rule, but be prepared for expensive parts, if not expensive service for repairs. I'm assuming you do all the work yourself.

Any thoughts on a Jetta TDi wagon? Slightly smaller, but you get an even more economical package...

yeah looking for that too. I haven't heard anything bad about thier trannies from what i've been reading on the internet. But, i have read enough to realize they break down as much as any other car, it's no crown vic LOL.

B5.5 TDI passats are both amazing and bad at the se time.

They got a nice upgraded motor vs the other tdi's.

Unfortunately, with that motor came balance shaft issues that are akin to a time bomb.

Those years would also be the PD motors which can have can wear issues if not maintained properly.

And of course the always neglected auto tranny.

If you want a Huber reliable Tdi her a pre 03 manual.

B5.5 TDI passats are both amazing and bad at the se time.

They got a nice upgraded motor vs the other tdi's.

Unfortunately, with that motor came balance shaft issues that are akin to a time bomb.

Those years would also be the PD motors which can have can wear issues if not maintained properly.

And of course the always neglected auto tranny.

If you want a Huber reliable Tdi her a pre 03 manual.

Friends shop had an 02 TDI come in. 425K miles and the original clutch finally let go. :fuckyeah: