The list

Mojoe

I always like to see what people are into that's new or maybe old. What's available, and what's just unrealistic to justify. I start this thread in hopes of people posting up something new they are looking to acquire. I know the common weapons mentioned are AR's, AK's, Glocks and so on. With those being brought up so often, for most people, I would assume many have those now. I'll start off with something I recently picked up. I would like to see what you guys are chasing down or looking into.

What brought me to start this was a rifle I read about last year and finally got around to focusing on looking into more. The Ruger American, in 308. My reason to go this route was that I wanted a dedicated long range, 600 to 800 meters, and something I could take to Vermont and go hunting with my Dad. I first read about the rifle earlier this year, and all the write ups were raving about it's accuracy straight out of the box. It comes with and adjustable 3-5 lbs trigger as well. And the catch point for me, the price!! Online pricing shows in the $3XX's up to $450 retail. I had seen one months ago, in a shop in Vermont, for $329. That's what got me interested even more. And, it was light weight. I mean really light weight!! I searched the LIKE competition. Savage and Remington were close, but I liked the Ruger. Plus, I already had the glass I wanted to mount on it. As a note, while looking into this, I came across the Savage Night Train. For the money, this looks like a great starter package 100% ready to go, just add ammo.

So the shop I went to quoted me a great price, $319. However, in .308 I was told good luck getting one in any time soon. I had known this already from talking to several shops. 30 06 was everywhere to be found, but I was dead set on .308 for personal preference. The wait was fine with me. I'm pretty busy right now and really don't know that I can get to shooting it until Spring. I put down a deposit and waited about 5 weeks, we were expecting 3+ months. They got one in, 3 actually. Now, I have yet to shoot this rifle and I'm out of town for a while, but if I get a fraction of the performance that I have seen people getting, I'll be very happy.

The glass is a Nikon Monarch 6x24x50 MilDot.

Light weight, well built, and well priced.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/Ruger.jpg

I've still got a couple of firearms on my "wish list", but it's unlikely that I'll be buying one anytime soon.

One is the MAS .223 which is a preban semi-auto version of the FAMAS made by Giat. One just came up for auction but I'm sure the reserve is pushing $14,000 or more. Maybe some day.... <sigh> :)

Keltec KSG

http://www.gunwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Keltec-KSG-14-Rd-12-Gauge-Pump-Action-Shotgun.jpg

I had a boner for this gun until this past weekend. Loaded up 14 rounds, shot all of them and put it down. This thing hurts. I wasn't even using slugs.

So now I think I want to do a ZK-22 conversion on a 10/22 rifle.

So now I think I want to do a ZK-22 conversion on a 10/22 rifle.

I ordered mine in April, supposed to ship in November to be here a bit before Thanksgiving according to RJF this past week. I can hook up with you when I get it and you can check it out if you want.

This thread is heading in te right direction. There are things out there someone may like, but just hasn't heard about for some reason. Seeing them here can streamline similar interests if someone searches what's posted here and determines they like it.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/6959197277_ce4eacc457_b.jpg

Wilson Combat Classic Supergrade, 45 ACP, color case-hardened receiver, mastodon grips. And I have no good reason for wanting it. I won't let myself buy it because I'm not committed to spending the time to shoot often enough with it to be decent. And it's hard to justify buying a weapon as fine as this and not shooting it regularly.

I've been gathering stuff to build a 6in long slide 10mm glock with red dot, should have everything to get it done this winter and see if I can nab a deer with it. I may also order a 9x25 dillon barrel for it.

You and I would get along very well. A 6" 10mm/9x25d has been on my 'list' for quite a while. I've been tossing around the idea of buying a new top-end for my G20sf just for this purpose.

P.S. - It's not legal to take deer in Ohio with a 10mm, even though it's perfectly capable. :dumb:

i am lookin to get my saiga 12 some more goodies. perhaps a pistol grip conversion and rail. who knows, but definitely a 20 rd drum and some other assorted smaller mags.

You doing everything yourself? I got a guy doing an AK for me who is a Siaga guru. If you need his info, let me know.

Well shit. I was always under the impression that rimless cartridges were illegal. Good to know though.

357 Magnum

357 Maximum

38 Special

375 Super Magnum

375 Winchester

38-55

10 Millimeter Auto

41 Action Express

41 Magnum

44 Special

44 Magnum

44 Auto Mag

445 Super Mag

444 Marlin 45 ACP 45 GAP

45 Long Colt

45 Winchester Magnum

454 Casull

460 Smith & Wesson

480 Ruger

45-70

475 Linebaugh

500 Smith & Wesson

500 Linebaugh

500 Action Express

So now the question is - which of these rounds could be used in a pistol configuration AR? Sounds like the closest way to rifle hunting we could possibly get in Ohio.

Question - does Ohio have regulations on ammo capacity when handgun hunting?

Just recently I've contemplated a .300 AAC Blackout AR15. My sense of practicality and lack of funds stop that idea though.

For about a year I've thought of custom building a 1911. I thought of doing 10mm until I learned of .460 Rowland. Being inexperienced I think I should just try a regular .45 build first, so I'm thinking of just getting a barrel and bushing and fitting that to my current pistol, and then moving on to a complete .45 build.

I have wanted a Colt Python for years. 357 mag with a 4 inch barrel and bluing so deep you could jump in and swim around in it. I have seen a few but in good condition they are normally at least 1,500.

They are over priced now. I use to have a king cobra. Sold it now wish I had back.

A .458 SOCOM conversion on one of my AR's is on my list also.

My good friend/co-worker has one. I know he'd have no problem with you shooting it as long as you buy the ammo lol. It's pretty nasty. Oh, and leave the stock buffer spring in there. The medium and stiff one it comes with won't cycle the bolt, at least not until the spring gets broken in. We use the stock buffer spring on his and it runs great. You'll also NEED metal AR mags for it too. The .458 rounds won't fit in the PMAGS. You could also get that Surefire 60rd. mag.