GoPro 3 drops - gopro 2 owners collectively groan.

ansonivan

You are correct, but the video quality of the white = HD Hero and silver = HD Hero 2 which they state in the video samples section. I think the wifi is worth the upgrade alone.

ah yes with that aspect then you are also correct

If anyone wants to sell an HD2 i need another for my balloon let me know :)

keep in mind they are 199 new now ;)

In looking at it Monkey is correct the only actual new camera is the Black version. I'll probably look hard at the White version which is the old HD Hero but with wifi and a mic jack which suits my needs perfectly. I don't need to record in car footage in 1440p.

I would highly suggest you look into a Hero2.

It is MUCH more crisp than the Hero1, operate better in low-light situations, and already has a mic input...(although no wi-fi pack).

They are on amazon for motorsports edition for $235

I would highly suggest you look into a Hero2.

It is MUCH more crisp than the Hero1, operate better in low-light situations, and already has a mic input...(although no wi-fi pack).

They are on amazon for motorsports edition for $235

I have all of the mounts I need so I was leaning toward the "naked" HD hero which is now $130. I'd be willing to pay the extra $70 to get the sale camera with an audio jack and built in wifi which is why the white version is tempting.

Is the performance between the HD hero and hero2 that much different? I do have troubles now where the inside of the car is dark and it causes everything out the windshield to get really washed out. Is the hero 2 going to handle that any better?

I've got till next season to make a decision so hopefully they'll start offering good deals on the Hero 2s and make the decision easier.

I have all of the mounts I need so I was leaning toward the "naked" HD hero which is now $130. I'd be willing to pay the extra $70 to get the sale camera with an audio jack and built in wifi which is why the white version is tempting.

Is the performance between the HD hero and hero2 that much different? I do have troubles now where the inside of the car is dark and it causes everything out the windshield to get really washed out. Is the hero 2 going to handle that any better?

I've got till next season to make a decision so hopefully they'll start offering good deals on the Hero 2s and make the decision easier.

Hero2 lets you spot focus so that washout doesn't happen.

Comparison video

I am going to wait on the GP3 to see if there are any issues and what the quality is like. I love my HD2 and have been able to get some good data for Ray using them.

Next year we want to do an incar and maybe something on the front or rear of the car. There are several teams that use them to see what the suspension is doing during a pass.

Thanks for the videos Kyle that helps show the low light differences well. I'll just have to wait and see if they start offering good deals on existing Hero2 models.

No problem Chris.

Like I said, they are $239 for the motorsports. They will drop

Anyways, more Hero3 content

I'm still rockin my original GoPro, but its nice to see that they arent resting on thier laurels and are continuing to put out more and more advanced products, although the GoPro 2 seems more like the goPro 1.5 now compared to this new one.

I dont understand why the HD3 comes with 3 different cameras/lenses (The quality between the white/silver/black). Its dumb that for $200 its the same camera as the HD Hero, For $300 its the same as the HD Hero 2, and for $400 you FINALLY get the newest best quality camera.

Doesn't make sense to me... Also i wonder if they ever plan on putting a gps feature on it like the Contour+

I dont understand why the HD3 comes with 3 different cameras/lenses (The quality between the white/silver/black). Its dumb that for $200 its the same camera as the HD Hero, For $300 its the same as the HD Hero 2, and for $400 you FINALLY get the newest best quality camera.

Doesn't make sense to me... Also i wonder if they ever plan on putting a gps feature on it like the Contour+

Don't be surprised if there will be a backpac for it soon.

GoPro knows how to do their market. It's the name of any small video camera.

I went up to someone awhile ago and was going to ask how they liked their Contour...they responded "It's a GoPro"

they will be getting rid of the HD1 and 2 and just having the HD3 line that is the plan so that is why there are 3 different models because there are techincally 3 models right now anyway

if anyone needs any gopro info or other insight been on this forum for a few years

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/