Ashley Furniture

Rocky31186

I never realize how many bad reviews Ashley Furniture has.

We bought a brand new living room set when we bought our house last year. We were sold on the power reclining sofas because I hate to hold my position when reclined in a normal chair, and the positions felt better on my lower back. So we pay extra $$ to get the power sofa. (I should add that we went to 5 different furniture stores)

So fast forward to a year later. I notice that when pushing the recline button, sometimes it stops half way. So I get under the couch to find out what's going on. I find the wiring harness going to the motor, from the power box has been rubbing the steel frame of the recliner. Everytime it opened and closed it rubbed. A year of using it, cause it to rub through and short the wires together when it touched the metal. There are black marks on the wires where they have been sparking / getting hot.

Checked the other side of the couch and same thing, it's almost rubbed through. Luckily there is what could be highly flamable nylon stretch stuff that holds the coushin on. That had not caught on fire. This could have been a very bad situation. And I believe they should recall these sofas and get them fixed.

So far I have not been able to contact anyone. Emails and calls to no human. All I want is the wiring harness replaced and fixed so it won't rub through. I could cut and splice it myself, but this is a manufacturer defect.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/9E62D13D-BF1A-416E-8305-5F148E89CACA-5499-0000060AE8B1B4B8.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/AD9D48E7-9110-4AD5-863F-79F8A8C776F6-5499-0000060AF8755746.jpg

TLDR: if you own a power reclining sofa, check to make sure the wires are out of the way.

Well, I waited 2 days and heard nothing.

I called the customer service number, and got in contact with Tom. He made it wayy too easy for me, as I didnt even have to argue. Had the couch a year, and he is going to deliver a new sofa, and take this old one back.

If the new one, is wired the same; he is going to refund me for both sofa's and let us pick something else out.

I am happy this is going the way it should, all I wanted was a new wiring harness. And I was prepared to get the shaft, and have to splice the wires myself.

We also purchased several rooms full of furniture from Ashley, got them during a sale and at a very good price. I saved enough I went ahead with an extended warranty plan, which I almost never do. I've had 5 different repair/service calls in 2 years. If they come out again for my great room couch they have to replace it. Not what I expected.

We also purchased several rooms full of furniture from Ashley, got them during a sale and at a very good price. I saved enough I went ahead with an extended warranty plan, which I almost never do. I've had 5 different repair/service calls in 2 years. If they come out again for my great room couch they have to replace it. Not what I expected.

this is exactly what my G/F and I did, the warranty covers everything even if your pets chew or rip the fabric/leather its covered

Well, I waited 2 days and heard nothing.

I called the customer service number, and got in contact with Tom. He made it wayy too easy for me, as I didnt even have to argue. Had the couch a year, and he is going to deliver a new sofa, and take this old one back.

If the new one, is wired the same; he is going to refund me for both sofa's and let us pick something else out.

I am happy this is going the way it should, all I wanted was a new wiring harness. And I was prepared to get the shaft, and have to splice the wires myself.

good to hear bud i know you got alot on your plate right now so itsucks you have been having to deal with this but glad its working out.