Questions About Buying OSU Football Tickets

mustangman2011

I have never been to a game and I am thinking about buying tickets. I see some posted as student tickets. Do you definitely need a OSU id to get in with those tickets? If so is there a way to tell if tickets are student tickets by the section/ticket numbers so I dont get burned.

Also, what are various prices of tickets(face values)? What are the going rate for tickets? Is it possible to get tickets below face value? Thanks

You may purchase any tickets you like including student tickets. However, if you are not a student, they must be "upgraded", for lack of a better term, to "normal" tickets that you may use legally. We're going to the game this weekend and had to pay I believe $20 a ticket to make them usable for us non-students.

Anyway, check into it to be sure. GL

a lot of great info in this thread about he same thing : http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1616960#post1616960

point being: student tickets must have a buck id, the id does not need to match the tickets in case you know someone you can borrow some from. Student tickets can be upgraded to regular tickets for like $34, if they require a student ID they will say so in bold letters on the side. Only the ticket holder can upgrade the tickets. The sections are in the north and south end zone but more importantly it will say student ticket on it if it requires an ID. Student ticket face value is like $35ish and regular ticket face value looks to be $70+$5 'fee' Hope this helps

edit from OSU: upgrades will NOT be done the day of any game – No exceptions. Only the original student ticket

purchaser may upgrade their student ticket by presenting their ticket along with their valid OSU BUCK ID at the Athletic

Ticket Office. The cost to upgrade will be based on the difference between the student discounted individual game price

($32) and the public individual game price ($70).

That was my thread that was referenced, and just for the record, I used four Buck ID's that were all Asian guys and the four of us that used them, plain old regular white people :lol: , had no issues getting in. The old guys scanning our tickets didn't even glance at the ID's, even though we had them out and thumbs over the pictures, just in case. :nod:

Buying student tickets and borrowing someone's ID is the way to go to save yourself some money... :cool:

Let me help ya out...

You can use an alumni or student ticket as long as you have a valid OSU id. Now this id does not have to be yours, for instance we took 2 of our buddies to the Nebraska game a few weeks ago. My buddies that night got the pleasure of being Brittany and Tiffany as we borrowed other friends id's haha. I am goin to the game this weekend with my other buddy who gets to be my wife for the day. They dont care who is on the id, half the time they dont even check them to be quite honest.

I have gone to 20 games in the last 4 years alone and have only had to show my id at 2 of them, this years Nebraska game and last years Wisconsin game. Hell my buddy Nate was my sister in law for the Nebraska game haha.