Wreckless retards at the range.

unfunnyryan

I usually feel pretty safe shooting here because 99% of the shooters are LE/Mil. Then it only took all of maybe 5 seconds listening to a conversation to change my mind. I don't understand the fascination of the DE .50 but the range has one to rent for $10 a shot. To rent you have to show a very basic understanding of handling a firearm. Lock slide to rear, decock, remove mag, safe/fire selection using 1 hand. Customer could not show he knew what to do on an xd series and raised hell when the range operator refused to rent him the DE.

You have to have a valid liscense and insurance to rent a car, motorcycle, boat etc. Why isn't there a requirement to show the same for firearms? The NRA basic pistol course is 1 day long and maybe $50. I am for ownership and minimal "gun control", but there has to be a way.

No. No gun controls. There's nothing in the constitution that protects ownership of cars, and look at that fucking mess. Have to pay to register a car you own, every fucking year, to drive on streets your taxes pay for, while being careful to avoid speeding tickets, or park in the wrong place, pay fucking taxes to buy one used from a private seller, all under the guise of safety, and really just to generate revenue.

Let's just leave the government out of it.

No. No gun controls. There's nothing in the constitution that protects ownership of cars, and look at that fucking mess. Have to pay to register a car you own, every fucking year, to drive on streets your taxes pay for, while being careful to avoid speeding tickets, or park in the wrong place, pay fucking taxes to buy one used from a private seller, all under the guise of safety, and really just to generate revenue.

I do wonder what role, if any, the automobile would have had in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, had it existed during the 18th century. You can be certain the British would've tried to tax and/or confiscated automobiles, so I imagine if firearms are a protected right, so would be autos.

And that scares the fuck out of me, that any and everyone would have the right to drive.

I should have elaborated. I don't want more control from the federal side. I think owners/operators should be able to have more control over who they sell/rent to without having to worry about discrimination claims.

I should have elaborated. I don't want more control from the federal side. I think owners/operators should be able to have more control over who they sell/rent to without having to worry about discrimination claims.

Then excuse my rant :)

I always wonder about the experience and knowledge of the person next to me or even in the same room while I am in a inside range. I find myself looking over at them to see what they are doing. Maybe I am to paranoid but after reading this post maybe not.

Thankfully the worst I've seen is some guy adjusting his scope (after every single shot) on an AR15, not taking his finger out of the trigger guard. Fortunately it was pointing downrange when he ND'ed while making an adjustment. He later shot the target hanger cable and quit for the day.

I also notice that most people using laser sights are lucky to even hit the paper.

Thankfully the worst I've seen is some guy adjusting his scope (after every single shot) on an AR15, not taking his finger out of the trigger guard. Fortunately it was pointing downrange when he ND'ed while making an adjustment. He later shot the target hanger cable and quit for the day.

I also notice that most people using laser sights are lucky to even hit the paper.

LOL. Saw a guy with a laser too. More hits on the edges of a rather large target (one of the zombie clowns) than anywhere near the center.

I think lasers make you more shaky than normal.

I like the powder room because they are so reasonably priced and it is a 10 minute drive for me, the delaware outdoor range is $5 all day but that's an easy 40 mins drive from me. The Powder Room has been the victim of so much crime over the past decade. Not just that but I remember they had a problem with a faulty/weak firing wall. Number of years ago someone took their own life at the range with a rental gun. Don't quote me on that one though my memory is a little fuzzy about it

The Powder Room should require everyone to do a safety walk through.

One of the local ranges that I'm a member of requires EVERYONE to go through the same 30 minute safety walk through. You only have to do it once a year. If you don't do the safety course you don't shoot. Simple. No government involvement required. Just a little common sense.

I spent a couple hours at a range in Canal W. today and at one time had a woman 2 lanes to my left. After watching her TWICE turn 180 back towards her hubby with her gun pointed completely opposite from down ranch and with her fucking finger on the trigger, I had to inform the range worker.

I believe it was an unloaded gun, but come on. If that's all the respect you're going to put into it, GTFO.

The Powder Room should require everyone to do a safety walk through.

One of the local ranges that I'm a member of requires EVERYONE to go through the same 30 minute safety walk through. You only have to do it once a year. If you don't do the safety course you don't shoot. Simple. No government involvement required. Just a little common sense.

Not a bad idea. It would give you a little piece of mind knowing that the person next to you went thru it.

I haven't had any issues with registering NFA items despite government regulation.

You need to consider the time (as mentioned) the Constitution was written. Firearms were much more involved in family life and a strong military-civilian relationship exisited.

Some of the most deregulated gun-control successful countries have much more traditional roles when it comes to firearms; mandated military/civil service, mandatory club/organization membership, and lots of discrimination.