2JZ In a Thunderchicken

wagner

It depends on what route you go. N/A 2jz can be found from 300-800 from the lexus sc/gs300. If your patient you can find an engine/auto trans for 400-600 on craigslist. The nice thing with Toyota inline 6's is that you don't need a special aftermarket block or sleeving, and you don't need aftermarkets heads. With just a head gasket and fuel system, it's possible to do 500-800hp easy.

The main hurdle is the tranmissions.

- there is the 6 speed, but costly.

-R154(5 speed) can bolt up with a bellhousing and 2jz flwheel for it, but it is around 600. Plan to add another 400-500 for the trans itself

-factory auto: there have been numerous cars in the single digits with mods to the valve body and a shift controller

-th350/400/c4: great option, but the adapter plate and converter will run 1000-1500 and still have to pay for the trans.

The main hurdle is the tranmissions.

- there is the 6 speed, but costly.

-R154(5 speed) can bolt up with a bellhousing and 2jz flwheel for it, but it is around 600. Plan to add another 400-500 for the trans itself

-factory auto: there have been numerous cars in the single digits with mods to the valve body and a shift controller

-th350/400/c4: great option, but the adapter plate and converter will run 1000-1500 and still have to pay for the trans.

Getrag 6 speed = MONEY! Your right there. Also depending on what kind of car the 6 speed is going in you might have to do some trans tunnel mods to get it to fit properly. I know in a 3rd gen supra you need to modify it a descent amount.

Only problem with the R154 is no sixth gear, but R154 > W58. (R154 = Turbo 5 Speed Trans, W58 is Non Turbo 5 Speed Trans)

Factory Auto (A340E) Isnt bad, had a built one in my supra. With built internals and valve body mods/shift controller/manual valve body they can definitely hold the power and move out. Will be harder to find a torque converter for this trans compared to a TH350/400. When i had my car i just had my stock converter reworked to like 2500 rpm or something, not terribly high but helped a ton.

Th350 etc. speaks for itsself.