That one last bolt that won't line up

copperhead

You're doing it wrong, buddy. I'm surprised nobody has offered real advice yet. You have 4 options to solve your issue in a timely manner.

1. Drill that sucker out, keep using bigger bits until the holes line up then tap it and thread in your new bolt

2. Grab a smaller bolt that fits in the offset holes, filling the rest of the open space with jb weld

3. HAMMER.

4. Weld it shut.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

You're doing it wrong, buddy. I'm surprised nobody has offered real advice yet. You have 4 options to solve your issue in a timely manner.

1. Drill that sucker out, keep using bigger bits until the holes line up then tap it and thread in your new bolt

2. Grab a smaller bolt that fits in the offset holes, filling the rest of the open space with jb weld

3. HAMMER.

4. Weld it shut.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Spoken like a true purple dsm driver....

Spoken like a true purple dsm driver....

:lolguy:

Amen!

Even redneck Honda driver wouldn't dare to do that shit.

it was barcelona red and if you guys seriously think i still have it youre dumber than the guy that cut in front of me last june.

Potato.

A Mechanics Diary:

11/5/12

I'm just about done with my newest mod when I run into unforeseen trouble. Making several attempts to rectify the problem have led to the same results. I know there are other ways to resolve this dilemma but going to a hardware store or starting over feels like a waste of time. I know I can do this so I keep trying different angles and directions. I grab power tools and random stuff I think will give me the upper hand. I have hours invested so going to the hardware store now just seems like throwing in the towel. Then suddenly I notice something... That something that makes all the difference. The slightest of slight changes that results in positive movement. I turn it slowly hoping for the best. I get it all the way on there and to assure its torqued down properly I attempt one more turn. Then suddenly it free spins. #$@#!!! NOOOO I &^%!!! STRIPPED IT!!! I turn it a few more times in disbelief hoping it was a fluke... but its not. Defeated I throw my wrench and walk away vowing to never work on cars again.

11/6/12

I just went to the hardware store and picked up a bolt to fix my car.....

it was barcelona red and if you guys seriously think i still have it youre dumber than the guy that cut in front of me last june.

I haven't driven my POS Tercel for 8 years. Doesn't mean I nehave never driven a POS Tercel.

Purple potato.