WTB: XBox 360

indy82z

fix the red ring. It's cake.

I just had the whole thing apart yesterday and and added the grease to the processor and no dice. Not sure what else to try to fix it any more.. Thought maybe it was the power brick, but I am not spending $25 for another incase that is not what the issue is..especially when people seem to be selling the old fat 360's for under $75 all day long. Unless you know something I dont know..

the xclamps are the problem. I just fixed one last week just like done in the following video, except I didn't do the heat gun thing

Been running great. Lowes didn't have everything but an older mom and pop hardware store did.

from my understanding the xclamps just didn't hold tight enough, and the bolts hold it down with enough pressure for it to work. If needed, you could always turn the xbox on with the dvd and fan removed and let it overheat.

I was able to get mine working twice doing this using the xclamps. However once it got good and warm the xclamps loosened up and it stopped working. I haven't had any issues since adding screws.