F1 @ COTA Austin TX

Draco-REX

End of Q3 was exciting to watch, I thought Hamilton was going to nab it.

The start of the race will be interesting to watch. Some teams were saying they want to get odd number grid spots to stay in the track where it has rubber.

Awesome race.

Only two minor embarrassments. One was a woman complimenting Mark Webber (from Australia) on his english. The other was making the podium winners wear Stetsons.. Ah well. At least they thought the hats were funny. :)

But the facility met with approval all around. Sector 1 is being considered a signature series of corners and some of the best in F1. The turn 1 hill has been dubbed "Fill Hill" (A pun referencing Phil Hill, the only US F1 champion). And apparently other F1 tracks are contacting the company that designed the tower for towers of their own. And attendance was massive with well over 100K people with huge turnouts for even the practice sessions. It looks like this track will be considered one of the best in the world.

Whew! :D

The post race interview with Mario Andretti was cool too. :)

Very cool race to watch.

Couple years I want to make my way there for a HPDE.

MVP Track Time who used to post here at one point is putting on one of the first DE's there next March. Real tempting but not at all cheap to tow a car that far and add hotel and food to that. I figured it'd be about $2,000 to $2,500 total cost which is quite a bit of a yearly car budget.