Any one have old laptop I can borrow...

6 Speed S4

I need an older model laptop with a serial port on it. It connects to my RR's diagnostic cable. I just need to borrow a laptop for hour or 2 or maybe buy one if cheap. The program can just be opened on desktop without install.

PM me if anyone has something I could use/buy.

You trying to sell it or lend it out for a few hours?

Up to you, really... If you figure you'll need real serial often, make an offer and I'll wipe+install whatever you like on it (assuming I have a legit copy). Otherwise, it collects dust for about 95% of the time, and it won't be missed if you need it for a couple days.

serial port....wowzers! LPT1 as well....hehe

Yep... I bought it from Paul specifically because it had both. The equipment used to time sports events (swimming, water polo, track, etc) has only started including USB and/or Ethernet ability in the last few years. Most independent contractors and small to mid-size schools haven't upgraded, so RS232 is the only way the meet management software (which runs on the computer) can transfer event lists and results to and from the timing console.