Verizon

evan9381

I was already well aware Verizon has done away with unlimited data, and thus subsidized pricing for new phones. not a problem.

but today, I go to look into switching my text messaging to unlimited from the 500 out of network i was on, and guess what? thats not an option anymore either. oh, well it is, if i drop my unlimited data. what a load of shit.

anyone know of a way to get around this? i know the chances are slim. its just annoying they've dropped all the good things i liked about the company that drew me to them years ago.

i've got google voice. had it for a while. just getting annoyed with it. i constantly get where text messages freeze going out, or i wont get an incoming text until hours later, or (no lie) even the next day. i guess i can't bitch too much since it IS a free program, but it still not great by any means.

i just finally decided to stop screwing with it and pay the extra whatever for unlimited texting through my real number...come to find out i cant. kicking myself now for not signing up for it back then.

Switch to GSM.

T-Mo for example

Unlimited Text + Data = $30 a month (no contract)

Unlimited Talk + Text + Data = $70 a month (no contract)

Not to mention then you can buy whatever phone you want, not some bloated piece of shit that will probably break in 3 months, and then have to deal with Verizon's god awful customer service.

Switch to GSM.

T-Mo for example

Unlimited Text + Data = $30 a month (no contract)

Unlimited Talk + Text + Data = $70 a month (no contract)

Not to mention then you can buy whatever phone you want, not some bloated piece of shit that will probably break in 3 months, and then have to deal with Verizon's god awful customer service.

And never have service.

I had T-mobile from when I was 14 or 15 till I was 19. It was terrible. The only time I would have perfect service while others wouldn't was in Pittsburgh. Other then that it was awful.

And never have service.

I had T-mobile from when I was 14 or 15 till I was 19. It was terrible. The only time I would have perfect service while others wouldn't was in Pittsburgh. Other then that it was awful.

Only 2 places I don't get service.... Cooperdale Ohio and Springville Ny.

Sorry Evan, you cant do it because the old plans are grandfathered. The new plans include everything together (voice, txt, and data). Whats your data usage look like for the last 8 months?

My GF has T-Mobile. She has shitty service everywhere including inside my house. I would never buy a phone from that company. Maybe you might have better experience.

T mobile is in a downward spiral. The employees know that once someone finally buys them they will probably lose their jobs so they are just going through the motions. Luckily for them their prepaid is helping them stay afloat, but customers are running from them faster than a hooker with mouth sores.

Chris, I think to date I've had to speak to the customer service like 3 times with you.. Heres how it always goes. You say something about bloatware and the bad customer service. I show facts that the company you are bashing has been number one for a while in many aspects including customer service for a while now. The customer satisfaction rate of over 1 miilion surveys taken is above 90% (these are the people that call in, the ones with the problems). Ben tells his bad experience, 1-2 other people then chime in with their bad experiences. From there Jones says he's always been treated great along with 5-10 other people that say they have always been treated great. Shortly after the thread dies.

Only time I remember having no service at all was in the Hocking Hills, pretty sure even people on Verizon didn't have service. But if you're a country bumpkin pig fucker, then you should just stay on Verizon. Chances are you won't get 3G on T-Mo out in BFE. If you travel to other countries, you'll notice that you'll always have a working phone, Verizon not so much.

T-Mo just bought Metro PCS last month, so that will help grow their network and LTE.

Always over 2gb, usually under 4, been over 4 a few times

You are at that in between point... ugh. There are plans that would work.. but you have to ask yourself would you be willing to trade unlimited data for unlimited talking and text. It would come out to about the same price. I personally dont talk on my phone so I kept my unlimited data.

What kind of phone do you have (android. iPhone, blackberry, etc)?

I use enough data to hit that mark, and thats with using wifi at home and while at work (when its not being a dick). Better option would just be to get people i text to go to verizon so theyre in my unlimited in texting. Lol

LOL, or just, make new friends :gabe: Download an app that uses your data network for text. It may cost you in the beginning, but it will be a seamless way for you to text.

LOL, or just, make new friends :gabe: Download an app that uses your data network for text. It may cost you in the beginning, but it will be a seamless way for you to text.

look above...i have google voice, it just sucks, and i can understand with my friends who use it now can be annoyed by having one number to text me on, and my real number to call me on and send pictures (GV doesn't send/receive pics). part of why im ready to be done with it.

i was speaking with someone at vzw online, i guess they said i can sign up for X plan (say 4gb), and if im getting close to it, i can call in and switch it to the 6gb plan and backdate it to the start of that period. so it'd basically give me an extra 2gb for $10 more vs paying $15/gb if i kept the plan and went over.

now to decide, Droid DNA or GS3? anyone know if the DNA has HTC's Sense UI? and which will be easier to root? i remember hearing something about HTC was going to stop doing something with their phones that'll make rooting easier. maybe im pulling shit out of thin air though.