12v swap

Reed44

I have been trying to find info on doing this but cant seem to find anything related to how I may be doing this. Maybe someone on here might have some details for me. I found a good deal on a 93 1st gen cummins with trans. I want to swap it in place of my 5.9 gas. What all will I need? Im looking for all kinds of info from what to do about the fuel lines, to wiring this in to make sure everything from gauges to the transmission shifts right. Thanks

I have put in a dana 60 front and bds lift so that part should be good. I have looked at a bunch of diesel sites but cant seem to find much info further than swapping out a powerstroke for a cummins.

Mounts should be simple, and your upgraded axles should give you a head start. If you're planning on hauling/towing 3/4 ton loads, probably look into adding the crossmember to the frame, or some other reinforcement, as well as the 3/4 ton springs and overloads.

I can't offer much transmission insight though.

I will definitely be hauling/towing and running it hard in general. There's seems to be a lot of concern about the 1500 frame so I think I will just box it in the rest of the way. I really want to stay auto but that seems to be going out the window since I'm looking to be somewhere between 500-600 hp and 800+ tq. Looks like a nv4500 is a good route to go.

500-600hp on a ve pump?

your gonna need a long list of parts considering the p-pump trucks were rated are 250 and you mentioned the 93 which was rated at 160.

4kgsk

head studs

Fire ringed

Turbo

injectors

valve work

intercooler

plus transmission and driveline supports

I will be going through the motor before installing it and doing the necessary upgrades to get there. NV4500 trans will be strong enough since this seems like the route I'm going. Haven't figured out which transfer case to go with though.

Nv4500 is strong enough with a dual or triple disc clutch. That's what I have (nv4500 with a twin disc) mines starring to slip. Once I replace it hopefully Dyno. I'd be happy with 350-380hp.

Your switching to p-pump I hope?

Edited by SPL_Josh

Yeah I will be switching it over to p-pump. I would be happy with that hp range also, just like to hope for 500. I'm assuming you have a dodge as well

96 12valve 3500 2wd nv4500

Running the Max boost the stock Turbo can handle (35lbs)

timings advanced

Stock intake and filter

4" Turbo back

Next year will be doing:

3kgsk

maybe hx40 and bigger sticks

2pc manifold

And better intake manifold and probably it.

with that I should be easily 425ish