Joe Rocket boot issue

mattm

Ok, I bought a set of Joe Rocket Big Bang boots and I ride a 2004 CBR600RR. I wear a size 11 and I just cannot seem to get used to the size of these boots. They are catching the pegs when I move my foot around and I have to do that frequently as they seem a little too tall and I am riding like a complete newbie on this bike. Maybe its me? Anybody else have experience with these or any other boot that would work well? I am assuming that I cannot adjust the shifter (didn't get a manual with the bike.)

Sorry for the newb question its just that I have not ridden in many years and am actually trying to get some decent protective gear this time. The Big Bang boots seem like they offer decent protection for the money and they don't look horribe. Maybe they just need more break-in time?

Thanks

Edited by mattm

yea they bulky.i buy joe rocket racing boots last year and i haved same problem.i exchange them for sidi.dont try saved on boots ,get what fits you right before you have accident because you cant shift..this shoes never break in,you just ride with them.

Ya man, I agree, being another relative newb I was looking at some clearance boots, but then stepped up to Alpinestars, however narrow feet fit better in SIDI's and the second I put on a pair of SIDI's I was sold. $$ was an issue, but after trying them on I didn't even care.

Like Rusty said, don't try to skimp on boots.

As stated above I too had issues with getting a boot like that under the shifter. I didn't feel I should have to alter the bike. So u went with sidi. The B2 to be specific. Glad I did.

Those boots should be marked for cruiser use. They don't seem kosher with sportbikes.