ATT and LTE data usage

Mojoe

ATT is selling guns now!!! Kidding.

I tried to search to see if this had been posted and did not see anything. Yesterday I got a text from ATT saying I was close to 5gigs of data use. I have an unlimited data plan, so I was a little baffled by this. Called them up to find out that if you use 5gigs in one billing cycle, your data speed gets dropped down to 3g for the reset of that cycle. Reguardless of if you have a LTE phone. I was in formed other carrries do this at 2gigs of date use. I wasn't happy about it. I understand why they do it. But i'm somone that is not using my phone for all it could do. It was explained to me that my usage was in the top 5% for all LTE users. They said Pandora eats up a lot of that.

Just a FYI.

AT&T Uverse home Internet gets throttled after 250GB.

Good to know! What I realized the other day with my uVerse is that if I have Utorrent stacked with shit and most of my bandwidth is being used by that source, watching TV is nothing good. I get TV signal lost every few minutes. I called on this and found out I have 18mb down which is their max and since uVerse is IP TV, bandwidth matters to watch TV, so heavy downloading isn't smart during peak TV watching hours.

Good to know! What I realized the other day with my uVerse is that if I have Utorrent stacked with shit and most of my bandwidth is being used by that source, watching TV is nothing good. I get TV signal lost every few minutes. I called on this and found out I have 18mb down which is their max and since uVerse is IP TV, bandwidth matters to watch TV, so heavy downloading isn't smart during peak TV watching hours.

18 is peak for your area I am guessing, I have Fiber, which is 24mb. (New home build)

If you don't know UVerse is Home Internet, and not a cell phone service, I'd say the same to you.

I know UVerse is home internet you idiot. Someone on CR has already admitted to using smart phone tether to download torrents.