Merry x-mas to me

Green Bastard

So I came home today to find my house was broken into, didn't take anything more than 2 tv's, my xbox and some dvd's. Unfortunately I don't have renters insurance (lesson learned), but now I have a good reason to break the lease.

Anyways, my only question is, is there anything I can do besides just filing a police report?

Sorry to hear. Any companies around your apartment that might have surveillance camera's that can be reviewed? Did you talk to the people you live around to see if they may have noticed people or if there are others who were robbed?

Really sucks reading this and hope things work out.

That sucks.. No renters insurance??

Nothing you can do except file a police report, which probably won't accomplish much.

That's what I figured.

Put a bullet in their skull if you find them. I hate a fucking thief.

My thoughts exactly, while I wouldn't go to jail for murder over something like this, I think i could go for beating a man within an inch of his life for this. I have absolutely no respect for a thief, quit being lazy and stealing shit people worked for and get a job to get your own shit.

Have any parties recently? Most robberies happen with people that know you or know of you and the things you have and when you wont be there. Might be that someone was just casing your house but most of the time its a friend of a friend

No, no parties, wouldn't put it past one of the neighbors though.

Like I said, it's a good reason to move now, we would be breaking the lease to move now, but I have heard you can legally break a lease for something like this. Is there anyone that can verify that?

Probably was someone around the neighborhood. They stole the intercooler out of the talon(and only the intercooler) so they're probably going to try and scrap it. I'll be informing g the scrap yards around my place.

On a side note does anyone want a pit bull? She's about 8 months and sweet as can be. A little hyper, and it great around kids. I'm not going to have room for her when I move.

I'd never live anywhere east of 71, or anywhere close to Cleveland ave period. Got a good fishing buddy who's a bit on the rough/ghetto/redneck side that has spent the better part of two years on/about the east side, the rampant crime he has to deal with is downright absurd.

Westside be da bestside :fuckyeah:

• Downvote 1

count your guns....

2yrs to this ago our neighbors 3 houses down came home to robbers bolting out the back door dropping the goods on the way out. Heart of burbs or the hood of Cleveland and whatever, no difference......

Yeah but when was the last time (since then) you heard of another break/burglary in/around your neighboorhood? Sure, crime happens everywhere, but some areas of Columbus are much worse then others. I know alot of guys on here live out East and probably won't like me saying this, but the closer you get to the East side the more and more brazen shit you start to see/deal with on a regular basis.

The only gun I own is at my parents house, they were lookin for it though cause the ammo was spilled all over the bedroom floor. And to acklac7, my parents house/neighborhood has had more problems with theft than where I'm at now, my parents live in the burbs near Polaris. Seems that was taken care of though a couple years ago when we found out who it was and threatened a pretty harsh ass beating. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that east linden is any better than the burbs, but crime happens all over the place.

And to acklac7, my parents house/neighborhood has had more problems with theft than where I'm at now, my parents live in the burbs near Polaris. Seems that was taken care of though a couple years ago when we found out who it was and threatened a pretty harsh ass beating. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that east linden is any better than the burbs, but crime happens all over the place.

I didn't say "the burbs" in general.

I said westside be da bestside.

Polaris = Northside.

Yea we still have crime out here (mostly pill-fiend related issues) but for the most part Dublin/Hilliard/Columbus Police keep the felonious criminal population on lockdown. I mean even out on hilltop things don't get too crazy.

Yeah but when was the last time (since then) you heard of another break/burglary in/around your neighboorhood? .

Dublin has them every week. Police blotter is never limited in size. Car and home break ins. If I was a crook, I would too. Why break into a crack whore's house with an Emerson TV and a Casio camera when the other side of town has......well, you see my point.

...Like I said, it's a good reason to move now, we would be breaking the lease to move now, but I have heard you can legally break a lease for something like this. Is there anyone that can verify that?

Sorry to hear this. Good thing no one was home and it was just 'stuff' that was taken. I don't believe you have any ability to break the lease due to an event like this. You will need to read your lease agreement and see if there is any wording specific to your lease that you could use to get out of it. (I doubt it, but worth a look) While looking, you may want to check the section on renters insurance - most (if not all) rental agreements require you have that coverage. I believe your renter's insurance would cover the damage to the actual house done during the break in. On top of everything you've already lost, you may be responsible to have the physical damage to the house reapired. Just a bad situation all around - and I hope the person/people responsible get whats coming to them (I know they will one way or another).

sounds like someone getting some payback for something.

And knowing nothing about me, what do you suppose my family or myself did to deserve getting my stuff stolen? Better yet, what did my two month old son do to deserve having some of his Christmas presents stolen and his piggy bank robbed?

Thanks to everyone else for the words of advise. I've been checking Craigslist with no luck, I just hope whoever did it has karma bite them in the ass.

Westside be da bestside :fuckyeah:

You've got to be kidding me.... You think that the westside has less break in's and theft than the east side? :dumb:

IT doesn't matter what side of town you live on.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/crime_zps964bc4b0.jpg