Range of choice?

Zx2guy19

After a few months of debating what gun to purchase to conceal, I finally decided on a LC-9. Just filed for my CCW so I'd like to get some training in.

I have put about 200 rounds through the LC-9 at Ohio Valley in Lancaster and it's a nice place, just seeing where others go to switch it up.

My fiance lives in Powell and is near the Powder Room, anyone been there? I hear it is a bit snooty and they don't welcome beginners too much, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Open to discussion on any type of gun, but I am going for handguns.

I was a member at Blackwing when I lived in Ohio. Personally, not a better indoor range around.

My first time at the range a couple weeks ago and was at Blackwing. Everyone there was friendly, nice facility....of course i have nothing to compare it to.

Hopefully i can get to go shooting more, still debating on my first handgun and would like to try out a few more before deciding.

Good luck and have fun!

-D

After a few months of debating what gun to purchase to conceal, I finally decided on a LC-9. Just filed for my CCW so I'd like to get some training in.

I have put about 200 rounds through the LC-9 at Ohio Valley in Lancaster and it's a nice place, just seeing where others go to switch it up.

My fiance lives in Powell and is near the Powder Room, anyone been there? I hear it is a bit snooty and they don't welcome beginners too much, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Open to discussion on any type of gun, but I am going for handguns.

I was just at the powder room last week. No problems. DO NOT GO ON WEEKENDS. They get busy and the staff have reason to be on edge. 5$ for a half hour (up to 2 people) or 10$ for an hour (also 2 people). Buy ammo before you go. 9MM Target ammo there is 15.XX a box.

Black wing up in Delaware is a nice facility but is expensive.

I was just at the powder room last week. No problems. DO NOT GO ON WEEKENDS. They get busy and the staff have reason to be on edge. 5$ for a half hour (up to 2 people) or 10$ for an hour (also 2 people). Buy ammo before you go. 9MM Target ammo there is 15.XX a box.

Black wing up in Delaware is a nice facility but is expensive.

wow nice. is that $5 per person for 1/2 hr? or total? either way, will have to check that one out.

-D

That is actually an awesome price at the powder room. It is $10 a lane per person at OVO, but that is unlimited time. Considering I usually only stay an hour, my Fiance and I could go for $10.

Good thing about OVO is that 9mm target ammo is only $11 a box.

I'll have to check out Blackwing, they run a ton of ads on 97.1.

Briar Rabbit is where I like to shoot. It's out by Zanesville, but there have a ton of area to shoot on.

+1 For Briar, it's outdoors and is much nicer environment that being crammed next to people in stalls.

If you have to go indoors, then Ohio Valley & Blackwing are both nice.

• Upvote 1

Ohio Valley is my favorite here in Central Ohio. 2nd would be Blackwing. I normally can only go to the range on the weekends and never had to wait at OVO or ever been kicked out to allow more people to use the range. I normally spend about 2-3 hours at the range, so I like not having to pay by the hour.

I am not a fan of the Powder Room. I went a few years back during the winter. Had to wait about an hour until one of their 4 lanes opened up. Also it was freezing in the range area.

^ Powder room has 10 lanes, not sure how long ago they had fewer?

Havent had a problem there although black wing is a nicer facility. I go to powder room more frequently because its closer to where I live and cheaper without any membership anywhere.