2000 mustang head unit replacement

The Man of Steele

I have been attempting to get my stock head unit and cd player out and it's not working. Any one know of some good links with graphics or videos on said issues? Or if any one is bored and knows a little about poop stangs I have good beer and food and live on the north end.

I'm at the part where I need to wire the adapter to the plug from the new head unit, not sure what I am doing

did you buy one of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-STEREO-RADIO-KIT-DASH-INSTALLATION-MOUNTING-TRIM-BEZEL-W-WIRING-HARNESS-/360484880527?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2000%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item53ee92c08f&vxp=mtr

with the plug n play harness adapters, it's easy. just match up the colors with your car aftermarket stereo's harness and the pnp harness. crimp or tape it up and plug it in, it's that easy. I'd offer to help out but I've been in the middle of a transmission job, I've got a motor rebuild after that. If you need anything else though, you're welcome to pm me and I'll walk you through it.

I'm at the part where I need to wire the adapter to the plug from the new head unit, not sure what I am doing

They make plug & play adapters.

If you got one of the "wire up" adapters, it's *usually* a matter of color matching the wires.

The wires coming out of the "adapter" should match the industry standard colors on the back of the new head unit.