opinions on master cleaning kit.

XChris1632X

The more that I branch out in different calibers, the more I have been needing to expand my cleaning tools. I'm looking for opinions on cleaning kits that some may use. The options I have been looking at is buying one of these $75 dollar multi caliber master kits that come in fancy suitcases or building my own little tool case of all the brushes and materials that I need.

And....begin....

Yeah I agree I think they're mostly useless. Patches, old toothbrushes, bamboo skewers, bore snakes and appropriate bore brushes with a segmented brass rod are all I use for rifle, shotgun, and pistol cleaning. The .45 bore brush makes a great .308 chamber brush.

For $75 you could buy a supply of what you'll actually use and would last for much longer.

I have never seen what exactly they include. I assumed they included all popular calibers and then some as far as brushes are concerned along with rods, brushes, picks, and more. I considered buying a plastic tool box with some plano tackle bins and building my own kit but I thought that I would easily have $50 invested in building a kit with all the brushes and other tools. I would approach having similar money invested with only half the brushes and other stuff. At the same time, the bore snake makes the brush usages fewer and farther between.