Sur La Table

Sully

The wife was just texting me about this place because she wants a date night. I guess you can take cooking classes together to cook food side-by-side. So, basically it's a minimum of $60 per person to cook your own damn food. Most of these classes are between $70 and $100 per person. :dumb:

Just curious if anyone here has fallen for this scam.

The wife was just texting me about this place because she wants a date night. I guess you can take cooking classes together to cook food side-by-side. So, basically it's a minimum of $60 per person to cook your own damn food. Most of these classes are between $70 and $100 per person. :dumb:

We did a "cook your own seafood on a stupid hot rock" thing on our last vacation. At the end of the day, I would have rather had it cooked for me, and tasted better, and not done the work. :dumb:

They probably try to sell you a bunch of stupid kitchen shit you don't need too. I can picture it now:

"OHhhhh honey we could do this at home every night if we just had a nice mandoline ($100) pasta machine ($100) pressure cooker ($200) and everything else we used during this class ($kajillion)"

Tell her if you're going to sit through this BS expensive cooking class for a date, you're going to make her go on a hunting/fishing trip so she can learn how the food she eats gets to her table. Then make her gut a rabbit or some small fuzzy animal.

Actually they don't try to sell you stuff and depending on who the teacher is will depend on if your class is good. I highly recommend any of Brad Kovachs classes there.

I took a class wih a friend of mine (macarons) and was underwhelmed by the teacher. However I know Brad and know he's an awesome cook and teacher.

If I were to take anything though, it would be a "skills" class like knives or something like that.