IE only organizations

Akula

Yes, although we don't care if you also have Chrome or Firefox. Hell, I use chrome myself. However, we have internal sites that simply will not run on Firefox or Chrome, and in some cases won't run on IE 9 unless you run it in an IE7 emulation mode.

Internet explorer? Chase does here. I try to go to firefox and it's blocked at the firewall.

It's now an approved app, but has to be installed via EURC request or if you know someone who can admin push it to you.

I use firefox all the time at chase :) and we primarily use IE which sucks

Me too, but at end of 2012 they bastardized it like they do all the apps. Now my home page always defaults to Chase instead of Google and can not be changed.

You can put in an EURC for firefox, its what i use most of the time, unless i am going to go to a chase intranet site.

I know. If I go to adobe.com and downoad the latest reader it's bundled with Firefox :) . That's how I had it on my last laptop.

It's now an approved app, but has to be installed via EURC request or if you know someone who can admin push it to you.

EURC request.. :lolguy:

I'm with Retail. We have our own home grown systems here. We don't have a "button" on our desktops. :gabe:

Me too, but at end of 2012 they bastardized it like they do all the apps. Now my home page always defaults to Chase instead of Google and can not be changed.

Hmm strange, I got mine to just open to a blank page, hasnt changed in a long time either.

Does anyone on here work for an organization that mandates IE only?

We do.

I work for a non-profit mental health organization and the developers that program the medical information system require us to use internet explorer. And they're very specific on which version you have to use. It wont even load with firefox or chrome. Its garbage and outdated software.

However, i installed chrome on all the machines in the agency. There are certain things that work better in chrome than IE. I only use IE when there is a problem with the MIS.

IE is the "only" supported browser.

Some of the company's intranet sites will actually fail to render, others actually do a check first and demand you use IE.

Although we usually just make URL shortcuts to get around certain things.

Cant you get a firefox add-on (or maybe an opera add-on) that lets you (mis)-identify your browser as IE?

I was forced to use IE because the custom JavaScript interface for the database only ran full-featured in IE. That "program" was the biggest piece of shit also. Fucking JavaScript has no business at all in an enterprise function.

Really that was a strong determining factor of why I quit that job.