My 2013 rebuild, bound and determined to hit 10s lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

I wasn't going to even post this up on here but figured fuck it, why not? As many know my shit blew up last year at the September Import Faceoff, what can ya do right? I debated exactly what I was going to do for a few weeks after she came apart, it was a phone call with my dad that made me decide to keep moving forward with the car. He has a way with words, let me tell ya. His exact words "so let me get this straight, you are going to throw away several thousand dollars and hours over a couple thousand more? Yeah that makes sense" haha!!

My only real goals outside of some 10 second passes for this car is to finally just enjoy the damn thing. I haven't really done that the last 2 years as I have allowed myself to be influenced by others. I really am going to try focusing on not giving a fuck what people have to think about me or my car, I think if I can acomplish that then the results I want will follow.

I will be copying and pasting from my build thread on another forum, incase anything seems off you will know why.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres the rundown on the setup for 2013:

Specs:

Bottom End

84.5mm Benson Sleeves

Pauter Rods

10:1 CP Pistons

ACL Bearings

ARP Main Studs

Polished/Balanced Crank

Moroso Oil Pan

Rotating Assembly Fully Balanced and Blue Printed

Speed Theory Block Fittings

Top End:

Full Port and Polish

Deburred and Re-Worked Combustion Chambers

Skunk2 Pro 1's

01 ITR LMA's

Crower Springs

Crower Retrainers

Supertech .5mm Oversized Valves

KMS Bronze Guides

BDL Cam Gears

Go-Autoworks Cam Seal

ARP Head Studs

Golden Eagle Headgasket

Edelbrock Victor X Intake

Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket

Phearable.net 70mm Throttle Body

Shaved Valve Cover

(2) -10an Fittings Welded in Valve Cover

Drivetrain:

Built by Mista Bone aka Tranzex aka Transbone

GSR Transmission

Cpmpetition Clutch Twin Disc

ARP Flywheel Bolts

ARP Pressure Plate Bolts

MFactory Helical LSD

MFactory Magnetic Drain Plug

MFactory Differential Bearings

Gear Speed Carbon Coated Synchros

Torco RTF Fluid

Go-Autoworks Braided Clutch Line Kit

Boost Goodies::

Precision 6262 Journal Bearing T3 Vband .82ar

Precision 46mm Wastegate

PWR Intercooler

Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors

Go-Autoworks Top Mount Manifold

Go-Autoworks Hood Exit Downpipe

Go-Autoworks Dump Tube

Go-Autoworks GT Series Oil Catch Can

Go-Autoworks Pro Series Black Oil Line Kit

Go-Autoworks Intercooler Piping Kit 2.5" w/black couplers

HKS Limited Edition Black Blowoff Valve

Go-Autoworks Push Lock Vaccum Kit

Electronics/Ignition

Hondata s300 Tuned by Steve Wilson@ Pro Car Associates

Hondata CPR (coil on plug conversion)

OEM D17 Coil Packs

Blox TPS Sensor

NGK Irridium 9s

B&R Billet Distributor Cap

Speed Factory 4 Bar Map Sensor

Autometer Sport Comp Black Faced Boost Gauge

AEM Uego Wideband

PWM Boost Solenoid

Fuel/Mounts:

Innovative Racing Mounts 85a Bushing (Powder coated same color as valve cover)

Full-Blown Twin Walbro Setup

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Aeromotive Fuel Filter

Edelbrock Fuel Rail

Jegs Liquid Filled CF Fuel Pressure Gauge 0-100PSI

Jegs AN Fittings (Black)

Jegs SS Line (Black)

Exterior:

2010 Infinity Midnigh Mocha Paint

VIS OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

15x7 Drag DR21's (Rpf1 knockoffs) Gold with Silver lip

Weld Magnum Import 13x9 Wheels

Mickey Thompson 24.5x9x13 slicks

V2 Competition Rear Skinnies

MH 24.5x3.6x15 Rear Skinny Tires

Go-Autoworks Rear Bumper Diffuser

Suspension:

Ground Control Coilovers

Koni Yellow Struts

Skunk2 Upper Control Arms (Front)

Skunk2 Lower Control Arms (Rear)

Cooling:

Go-Autoworks Radiator

Go-Autoworks Slim Fan

Go-Autoworks Radiator Shroud

Interior:

Quad-Pod Cluster Bezel and Clock Gauge Bezel

Autometer Sport Comp Black Faced Oil Pressure Gauge

Engine Bay:

Shaved/Tucked

Kens Kustom Chassis Booster Delete

Jegs Battery Relocation Kit

Jegs Remote Battery Terminals

Manual Rack Conversion

Energy Suspension Rack/Pinion Bushings

A/C Removed

Power Steering Removed

ABS Removed

10/6/12: The spending spree begins!!! I sat around today and debated on what I wanted to knock off the list of things to buy first. I know I have some bigger things to fix, but that money is already put aside so I figured why not get a few things out of the way. So I hit up Greg from Go-Autoworks and got a new Radiator, Fan and Shroud, Push Lock Vacuum kit and a Rear Bumper Diffuser.

My radiator works fine, but the addition of the shroud should help keep things cool. Plus my fan is not in the best of shape. I am tired of blowing vacuum lines off even with zip-ties, so the push lock style should help solve that and the rear diffuser will hopefulyl get some trapped air through the rear bumper. This winter I really want to work on suspesion and aerodynamics as I feel the car has more then enough power to hit the goals set. That doesnt mean more power wont be added though, stay tuned for that to come later ;)

10/8/12: Since I am going to change up the look of the car I figured I might as well start picking up some odds and ends. I came across a set of amber bumper lights on a local fb selling wall for $15 delivered, couldnt pass em up

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/lights.jpg

10/11/12: I ordered a go fast part tonight. I loved the ITR cams that the car had, they made great power and idled like stock, however I have decided to upgrade that area of the motor while its torn apart and hopefully pick up some more power across the power band. So out with the 01 ITR's and in with a set of Skunk2 Pro 1's.

10/12/12: Well the spending spree continues. Tonight I finally made up my mind and ordered the Hondata coil on plug retro kit. I also picked up a B&R distributor cap. Gonna place an order with Honda next week for my coils plus some random gaskets/bolts that I need. Next week is gonna be like Christmas once all these parts start rolling in haha.

Parts arrived this week:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/parts-1.jpg

10/20/12: Sometimes a deal pops up that is just too good to pass up, today was one of those times haha. On a local facebook selling wall a set of Weld wheels with 24.5 Mickey Thompson's pop up. I have been wanting these wheels for 2 years now. I will pick up a set of matching rear skinnies at some point as well. I paid less for these than you can buy the rims alone for.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/wheels-1.jpg

10/21/12: Well I finally got the motor out and apart to see what went wrong with it. Sadly it was the one thing I didnt want it to be, a spun bearing. I am going to send the bottom end out to Laskey Racing sometime this week to have it put back together. The oil smelled like straight c16 so I am leaning towards the idea that the rings got washed out when I was having flooding issues caused by a faulty distributor and just broke down the oil causing the bearing to spin. Heres a pic of the damage:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/bearing.jpg

10/24/12: I'm going, going...back, back...to Cali, Cali!! Today I pakcaged up my motor to send it back out to Laskey Racing in Anaheim. Hopefully it comes back soon as I would like to have it all back together by Christmas

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/motor-1.jpg

10/30/12: While checking my email I open one from Phearable.net, apparently they were on crack while sending out emails. In the email it states they have 70mm throttle bodies on sale for $69 shipped, without a hesitation I bought 2 haha. Now I know I don't need 2 throttle bodies, but again, they were $69 a piece so I will probablly either sell one or give it to my buddy who tunes my car as a Christmas present haha.

10/31/12: Well I just got heart breaking news. Basically the Integra's motor is trashed, needs 4 pistons, bored out .5mm, honed, surfaced, 1 rod, a crank, bearings, rings, gaskets oh yeah and a new water pump. Not real sure what I am going to do now...Honestly the cylinders needing bored is my fault. I sprayed the motor off prior to shipping it, it must've stil had some water in the sleeves and once it was in the tote it caused them rust. Consider it a lesson learned here folks!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/oops.jpg

Well after taking some deep breaths, talking ot my wife, Mike Laskey and my dad who is my voice of reasoning....I have decided to continue on with this car. I am going to change up a couple things internally. It will now be 84.5mm bore rather than the 84mm and instead of 9:1 compression I am going with 10:1 also changing out the ITR cams with some Skunk2 pro 1's. Gonna try getting this bad boy to spool quicker and broaden the power band.

I just wanna take a second to say thank you to Mike Laskey@ Laskey Racing for coming through in the clutch yet again on this damn build. He is hooking me up bigtime in order for this thing to move forward. If you ever have a motor built I would highly suggest you look into this man doing it!

I also wana say thanks to my dad for these genius words earlier to me: "So let me get this straight, you want to throw away 20k, over 2k? That seems logical to me"....gotta love a smart ass dad who knows which buttons to push on you haha

11/8/12: So a crazy deal popped up last night that left me dwelling on it. My buddy makes turbo manifolds and posted one up for sale. I hit him up just to shoot the s*** and talk about the manifold and thats when he offered it to me for a crackhead price, so the wheels in my head really started turning. Needless to say I woke up today and talked it over with my buddy, my wife and a few other close friends before making a decision....looks like I am getting a new manifold haha. I am going to sell my Go-Autoworks topmount if anyone is interested shoot me a pm!

The turbo pictured is a 372 used for mockup and not the turbo I will be running on it.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/manifold-1.jpg

11/14/12: I found a guy on a forum I frequent who has the ability to make cutom engraved cam seals. So me and my buddies (don't wanna call ourselves a clique, crew, ect haha) ordered some of these bad boys for our motors and a few extra to sell off.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/untitled2.png

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/untitled.png

1/3/13: For the first time in a couple months I purchased something for the car. I found a set of D17 coil packs for a good price so went ahead and pulled the trigger. I chose the D17 packs over the K series ones simply because they are lower profile and fit under the stock spark plug cover easier. Aside from aesthetics they produce the same results as the K series coils from everything I have read.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/coils.jpg

Eh shit happens man, just gave me an excuse to change up some parts I had been wanting to for a while anyways. The motor is done, I just gotta finish paying it off and get it back home. I think I may actually do that next week and then its time to buy a head gasket and fix my wiring harness.

I went 11.2@129 on pump gas and 17 psi on June 6th (I have a spread sheet of all my runs lol). I never got a run after that really, track was closed most of July, car went to the tuners and was there for a month due to every issue known to man popping up on the car. Got it back, went to track on c16 thinking I was going to be on 30lbs, instead my boost controller took a shit. I ran 12.31@117 on wastegate pressure (6-9lbs). Got it ready for IFO (September), had ignition and wiring issues the entire week leading up to IFO. Hell I had them the day of IFO, ran a 25.xx with the car not revving past 3k rpms, and then I blew the bitch up.

I never got the car to 60ft better than a 1.796 and that was a 1 time deal. All other runs were 1.8-2.0eeek. Hell the 11.2 pass had a 1.818 60 :(

• 4 weeks later...
10/6/12:

10/20/12: Sometimes a deal pops up that is just too good to pass up, today was one of those times haha. On a local facebook selling wall a set of Weld wheels with 24.5 Mickey Thompson's pop up. I have been wanting these wheels for 2 years now. I will pick up a set of matching rear skinnies at some point as well. I paid less for these than you can buy the rims alone for.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/wheels-1.jpg

You FUCK! ;) I saw those and Criags list and shit-guy never got back tome, now I know why. :mad:

Great pic up-good lick with the build- and let me know if you want to come off those wheels. If you dont already have a 6262 I would consider trade+cash.

Haha yeah they were too good of deal to pass up. I sold my old wheels/slicks for enough to basically cover the cost of these ones. I do already have a 6262 ;) I haven't really been messing with this car been busy with school. I plan on getting back to work on it in the next few weeks though. This is going to be the first year I have owned the car that I have no real rush on getting it done. I simply don't care if it gets done tomorrow or a year from now, just a new mentality I have acquired recently haha.

Good luck with your car as well, been lurking on your thread too

Haha yeah they were too good of deal to pass up. I sold my old wheels/slicks for enough to basically cover the cost of these ones. I do already have a 6262 ;) I haven't really been messing with this car been busy with school. I plan on getting back to work on it in the next few weeks though. This is going to be the first year I have owned the car that I have no real rush on getting it done. I simply don't care if it gets done tomorrow or a year from now, just a new mentality I have acquired recently haha.

Good luck with your car as well, been lurking on your thread too

Thanks.

I am excited for this year, I am actually going to do the car in 2 stages for testing purposes.

Stage 1- Stock IM, 6262-then testing TB and IC sizes....

Stage 2- Larger IC, 6766, SMIM, 70mm.....ect, then shoot for a 2.5 to 1 HP/Weight ratio. :dumb:

JP thats awesome, looking forward to seeing it at IFO.

DTA09, I just wanna get back to my original goals. First is a 10.99 on pump gas. The second is the original goal for this car all together, which is/was a 10.5x pass. Anything above and beyond is just icing on the cake.

I am going to focus on suspension tuning more this year. I plan on corner balancing and possibly changing suspension up. The current spring rates on it are still soft compared to most of the faster Hondas out there. I also want to shed some weight from the car, if I had to guesstimate it is every bit of 3k lbs with me in it which is heavy for a Honda. The car had 10s written all over it last year, just needed better traction out of the hole and some more seat time. I think boost by gear being setup this year will help with the out of the hole issues. The driver mod will be on my shoulders.

• 1 month later...

2/9/13: Little something to get you through til this week lol. Went to dealership and picked up the remaining gaskets I needed.

Valve Cover

Exhaust Manifold

Cam Seals

Vtec Solenoid

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/gaskets_zps41c21039.jpg

2/15/13:Golden Eagle Headgasket

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/headgasket_zps44c80067.jpg

2/19/13: Well today I got something in a cardboard box. It felt heavy and seemed solid. Didn't hear anything when I rattled it around, had me a little stumped as to what it could possibly be...

Then it hit me, ah yes, the package read From Laskey Racing and it became quite clear what was in that package. A 150 pounds worth of aluminum (along with some stickers haha)

For those that can't read it, it reads "Good Luck Home Slice" lol

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/engine2_zpse6a03890.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/engine_zps75885917.jpg

I got one of the Laskey "Racers Secret" cam gears to replace the BDL gear I messed up.

Oh yeah, since Laskey is the word of the day it appears, I did ship my head out to him as well this afternoon. I am going to have him pressure test it, hot tank/soda blast it, check to make sure everything is good to go, mill it a tad to clean it up and give it a valve job.

3/2/13: Got some goodies from Moddiction in the mail today including a shifter extender and dress up bolts for my struts. The extra extender pictured is for my buddies EG sedan.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/extender_zps8df9e25c.jpg

3/11/13: What does everybody love?!!! This bad boy finally arrived back home to me, safe and secure, looking better than ever!! Big thanks to Mike @Laskey Racing.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/head_zpsb2d680f9.jpg

I was bored today and decided to paint my engine. I love alumiblast!!!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/blockpainted_zps0b7449f0.jpg