Most disliked gun?

Mojoe

AK/AKM along with its variants. I respect the platform, but after shooting about every possible model, I'm not a fan. ...

Come on! You're killing me. :)

Have you ever shot a Galil or a Valmet? There are some nice Kalashnikov variants out there. PSL?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might get some flack for this one, worst gun I every owned? Remington 870 express, bought it brand new in the 90s finish on both the wood and receiver was terrible, after about 50 rds. the fore end started to rub the barrel when you racked it, and started to make sawdust. I also had major feed problems. I have a 70s 1100 that is an excellent gun. Remington has really dropped off in quality. Wost gun I ever shot? Hi-point c9 but that's a no-brainer.

+1 on that i had the same gun and the slide would jam up so bad you had to beat it on the floor to get it to rack after firing it at times

Shot a 1911 in .45 in 1992 at about 30 feet. As I recall it, I shot the post the target was on, where it goes in the ground. Every round fired was a fail to hit the target when I was using the sights.

Never picked one up again until 2 weeks ago. Shot another .45 and of 5 rounds, 3 were touching on center target. Hmmm, might have me thinking to look into them more.

1911s take a different shooting technique, thats why so many soldiers in ww2 where complaining about inaccuracy. sometimes i cant shoot mine worth a fack.....i need more range time with it. but i have shot a 12" target at 100 yards with it. took me 4 tries though.

my worst gun so far was either the 870 express or a beretta .40. the finish sucked wouldn't shoot target ammo didnt even like the feel of it.

Come on! You're killing me. :)

Have you ever shot a Galil or a Valmet? There are some nice Kalashnikov variants out there. PSL?

Most of my experience has been with captured enemy weapons or foreign weapons ranges. Just because I dislike, doesn't mean I don't respect. I did enjoy the PKM greatly, but the other variants, not so much.

I do need some trigger time with a Galil, my opinions may change.

(I am also removing the Arsenal variety, for it is an improvement due to American hands) :D

I actually put the G36 in the dislike category too, but the cool factor when shooting it outweighed my dislike for too much going on.

Thought I would go a different direction with a gun thread. The most disliked, and why. I'm sure not all will agree, but state your reasons and maybe someone agrees. Maybe someone is considering buying a gun you dislike and doesn't know it has the issues you experienced.

For me, it's the Ruger LCP .380. This little gun just doesn't do it for me. I had one and it worked as it should. Except the issue with failure to feed. I feel the angle to the chamber from the magazine is too steep for hollow points. I did some work on the feed ramp to reduce the angle and it only helped a little. So i decided to just use ball ammo. It was ok, but still had issues from time to time.

Aside from that, this small hand gun produces a lot if recoil. I know how it's put together. I understand why it does kick as it does. I just don't like it. I have seen several people get this as their first gun and not have much time shooting anything before it. Yet, this is the gun they have now. It's a challenging little gun to try and hit the target.

i've never had any failure to feeds in mine, my dads, or my cousins LCP. did you try polishing the feed ramp?

the gun i was most displeased with was a beretta PX4 storm that my sister bought. the trigger was all wrong. (ive had sling shots with less resistence and length of travel) the firing pin hit close to the edge of the primer, if didn't fit the hand, it was heavy, it was thick, she sold it a few months after buying it.