Most disliked gun?

Mojoe

Thought I would go a different direction with a gun thread. The most disliked, and why. I'm sure not all will agree, but state your reasons and maybe someone agrees. Maybe someone is considering buying a gun you dislike and doesn't know it has the issues you experienced.

For me, it's the Ruger LCP .380. This little gun just doesn't do it for me. I had one and it worked as it should. Except the issue with failure to feed. I feel the angle to the chamber from the magazine is too steep for hollow points. I did some work on the feed ramp to reduce the angle and it only helped a little. So i decided to just use ball ammo. It was ok, but still had issues from time to time.

Aside from that, this small hand gun produces a lot if recoil. I know how it's put together. I understand why it does kick as it does. I just don't like it. I have seen several people get this as their first gun and not have much time shooting anything before it. Yet, this is the gun they have now. It's a challenging little gun to try and hit the target.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say the Beretta Neos or the Walther SP22 because both are fugly and the SP22 is just awkward to manipulate and is unlike anything else on the market.

We should do a least favorite/favorite firearm.

I would have to say the Beretta Neos or the Walther SP22 because both are fugly and the SP22 is just awkward to manipulate and is unlike anything else on the market.

We should do a least favorite/favorite firearm.

I was considering a Neos myself. I don't hate the looks, but I don't really care for it either. Seems to be easier to find than any other 22 pistol though.

My least favorite is probably Hesse Arms HRB50. Poor bolt mechanism and poor quality materials that were prone to fatigue or failure.

Of what I've actually shot: every Glock. Shooting is fun but I don't have fun shooting Glocks. I feel in a constant fight to align the sights from where my hands and arms naturally want to point. The triggers are gritty, uneven, and heavy also.

Remington 597 22lr

Had it years, wouldn't suggest one to anyone. Mine was a gift.

Magazines are a known common problem and the springs always break.

Granted its a 22lr shooting cheaper ammo but accuracy is horrible.

Not many aftermarket parts.

Remington 597 22lr

Had it years, wouldn't suggest one to anyone. Mine was a gift.

Magazines are a known common problem and the springs always break.

Granted its a 22lr shooting cheaper ammo but accuracy is horrible.

Not many aftermarket parts.

I have a 597 in 22mag and the only issues I ever seem to have are magazine related. All of my magazines for it are the early plastic mags but I have read that the newer aluminum body mags are more reliable. It will never be 10/22 reliable but still makes for a decent shorter range varmint popper.

But yes, the aftermarket for it is a major downfall.

Anything Hi Point.

That's funny because I can't tell you how many people have said that about my Hi Point carbine and yet after shooting it not one of then has walked away with anything but a huge grin on their face. Now I wouldn't use it for home defence or anything but for just shooting paper or plinking in general its loads of fun to shoot.

Ruger P95, lots of FTF and just way too plasticky feeling. Sold it nearly as quick as I bought it.

No shit? I've got a few thousand through my 2nd hand p95 and I don't ever remember any problems other than the safety getting looser.

I'm going to 2nd the SW sigmas, and obviously anything saturday-night-special is going to be a POS.

M1 carbine, it worked flawlessly for me but every time I shot I would get a with back pressure from the action and would literally have unburnt powder on my face. Maybe it was the lot of ammo I was using or maybe the gun. I'm not saying I wouldn't own another but that kinda put a bad taste in my mouth so I traded it in at Blackwing.

Might get some flack for this one, worst gun I every owned? Remington 870 express, bought it brand new in the 90s finish on both the wood and receiver was terrible, after about 50 rds. the fore end started to rub the barrel when you racked it, and started to make sawdust. I also had major feed problems. I have a 70s 1100 that is an excellent gun. Remington has really dropped off in quality. Wost gun I ever shot? Hi-point c9 but that's a no-brainer.

The little Carbines are awesome!!

Hands down.....Tec 9. I don't see how any gangbangers were ever killed with those pieces of shit.

Haha I was really liking The Town until the end with the guy running around with a Tec-9. I mean, come-on, those guys knew what they were doing and had a superb arsenal until that scene.

If you haven't shot a Tec 9, don't do it. They are dangerous junk. Another with the same design as the Tec is the Feather Rav-9.

You guys are crazy on the Hi point carbine. Cheap, realiable, will shoot any junk ammo, and are fairly accurate. You can load a rock and some dirt in that bitch and it will fire.