FireFighter Vid

Rocky31186

When I was laid off I was dead set to be a fire fighter but when I talked to people who were already certified, looking for jobs. Or the ones who have worked for townships for years and got laid off. I changed my mind.

When you do get certified, always check out AARF at the Columbus airport.

Im a FF/EMT B and working on becoming a Paramedic then the hard part, finding a job and I know of a few others on here as well.

When I was laid off I was dead set to be a fire fighter but when I talked to people who were already certified, looking for jobs. Or the ones who have worked for townships for years and got laid off. I changed my mind.

When you do get certified, always check out AARF at the Columbus airport.

My best friend was a fire fighter and paramedic in Oregon. .moved to ohio and had retake the firefighter for ohio and it still took Him over a year to find a job at a fire house. He loves it though

Im a FF/EMT B and working on becoming a Paramedic then the hard part, finding a job and I know of a few others on here as well.

I know how you feel I took a job in private EMS just to get expierience. when i got my 240 a year ago all you needed was that and a basic and you can get on. Now you almost have to have your paramedic for them to even look at you.:megusta:

yep. 80 percent are EMS runs. Mostly what, cardiac and breathing? Thats what i used to get while on the dept. But i was on about 7 years ago then the economy got bad and then they started cuting long time FF's and Medics etc. Long story short, didnt get enough hours and then switched careers. But it is fun, the guys at the firehouse are ridiculous!