3rd Shift Position for a Former Ford Tech? Trying to help a friend.

spankis

Not sure if this is appropriate here or not, but I'm trying to help out a friend. He has been a Ford Technician/Mechanic at Dick Masheter for the last 10 years or so, and just recently left there in search of another career path. As I understand it, he was getting so few hours at work that he was barely making any money after the cost of fuel commuting from Zanesville and paying for daycare for his daughter.

I believe he sold the majority of his tools, as he's pretty adamant about something other than turning wrenches any longer, at least not somewhere that is "flat rate" or whatever. I was hoping somebody here might have a suggestions for other work that might fit his skill-set, or perhaps even know of a position available. For what it's worth, he's a big guy probably 6'5" and 275 or so, and I believe 30 if that affects things at all.

Thanks in advance.

Have him apply as an equipment service tech at one of the Honda plants. They probably make the most money out of anyone in the plant (aside from the president & vp). Tons of Overtime available and the pay starts out around $26 ish an hour. Not to mention the awesome benefit package and retirement options etc.

Have him apply as an equipment service tech at one of the Honda plants. They probably make the most money out of anyone in the plant (aside from the president & vp). Tons of Overtime available and the pay starts out around $26 ish an hour. Not to mention the awesome benefit package and retirement options etc.

Thanks I will pass that along.