Ruger P90

nurkvinny

I have a guy bringing a P90 45 over tomorrow night to sell.

Anything unique or special to look for? I will be shooting a couple mags full of cheap shit through it. It's a stainless model with a couple mags and some kind of holster. Any personal experience?

I have a P89 which is the 9mm version. It was my first pistol and I've shot 1000's of rounds thru it and aside from some cheap pro-mag magazine I've never had a problem with it. I love it and would trust my life with it. The heavy frame soaks up the recoil nicely. A Houge wrap around rubber finger grooved grip is a must. They run about $15. I would sick with factory mags too. They are the only mags I've ever had consistent good luck with in the P89.

I have a P89 which is the 9mm version. It was my first pistol and I've shot 1000's of rounds thru it and aside from some cheap pro-mag magazine I've never had a problem with it. I love it and would trust my life with it. The heavy frame soaks up the recoil nicely. A Houge wrap around rubber finger grooved grip is a must. They run about $15. I would sick with factory mags too. They are the only mags I've ever had consistent good luck with in the P89.

Quoted for accuracy.

Only thing I can add is the do feel cheap compared to some (more expensive) handguns.

+1

These pistols feel clunky and cheap as hell. Seem like a lil better version of a hi point in my mind. I wouldn't own one unless one was given to me.

Edit: it shot fine I only meant that the P90 felt a little better then a hi point, looks/ feel wise

Edited by Rustlestiltskin

+1

These pistols feel clunky and cheap as hell. Seem like a lil better version of a hi point in my mind. I wouldn't own one unless one was given to me.

Edit: it shot fine I only meant that the P90 felt a little better then a hi point, looks/ feel wise

I only 50% agree with this. THey do feel cheap but I put close to 500 rounds thru my p90 before I sold it and never had a single problem.