Zero Dark Thirty

BStowers023

I have the DVD screener of it. Watching tonight with the woman.

Downloaded it about a week ago myself but haven't gotten around to watching it. Gave a copy to my parents for them to watch and they didn't make it more than 40-45 minutes. I have read the first 1/3rd of the movie could have been condensed/drags a bit but the last 2/3rds are really good and the actual raid scene is incredible.

Movie was good. Very slow at times. Good to actually see what went into catching his ass and who played a major part in it. I had no idea of the lives lost from people other than soldiers while pursuing him.

I'd really love to know who that chic is in real life. (Mya)

Thought it was mediocre. It took about 70 minutes to really pick up and be interesting. The raid was so casually presented that it lacked suspense or thrill - obviously I get the intent isn't to be an Hollywood action film but I still thought the pace was too somber. The somber pace goes for the whole movie, really.

I think the movie needed to branch out and be decentralized off that main character. Take the whole perspective from 80's Afghanistan and follow the many efforts to track him down over the years. I mean shit, the tagline for the movie was "The Greatest Manhunt in History" and the film presents it as just a sole, nearly rogue at times agent doing all the work and barely trying to convince her superiors about her leads and reason to conduct the raid, etc.

Thought it was mediocre. It took about 70 minutes to really pick up and be interesting. The raid was so casually presented that it lacked suspense or thrill - obviously I get the intent isn't to be an Hollywood action film but I still thought the pace was too somber. The somber pace goes for the whole movie, really.

I think the movie needed to branch out and be decentralized off that main character. Take the whole perspective from 80's Afghanistan and follow the many efforts to track him down over the years. I mean shit, the tagline for the movie was "The Greatest Manhunt in History" and the film presents it as just a sole, nearly rogue at times agent doing all the work and barely trying to convince her superiors about her leads and reason to conduct the raid, etc.

What disappointed me was that it was 90% about the CIA and 10% about the Seals. Although that may be how it really was, in the previews it was 90% navy seals and 10% CIA. I guess that's what dropped the value IMO.

Just started reading No Easy Day and right at the beginning in the author's note it outlines a major problem I had with this movie:

"The mission was a team effort, from the intelligence analysts who found Osama bin Laden to the helicopter pilots who flew us to Abbottabad to the men who assaulted the compound. No one man or woman was more important than another."