pocket shooter opinions

XChris1632X

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im more unsure about this gun than ever now. I agree a .380 is better than nothing but I am questioning its effectiveness as I have no experience with this round. Part of me is wondering if I should just get a small 9mm and just give up the pocket carrying idea. The whole pocket idea was just to be able to be more comfortable in some situations.

Hours of 380 vs 9 videos out there. If I find a 380 I like, I would buy one.

If it helps, my M&P 9c is no pocket pistol, but with the right IWB holster, it's great. When I want something to throw in my chest pocket or jeans, I just grab the Walther TPH. Again, everyone (me included) knows the limitations of a .22, but do you want to get shot with 6 of them? :)

Im more unsure about this gun than ever now. I agree a .380 is better than nothing but I am questioning its effectiveness as I have no experience with this round. Part of me is wondering if I should just get a small 9mm and just give up the pocket carrying idea. The whole pocket idea was just to be able to be more comfortable in some situations.

let me know if you wanna give the CM9 a try Ill meet you at a range

I can meet up if you want to shoot some .380 (p238) with Mahle.

Thanks guys. This got me thinking, maybe we need a CR/Blackwing adventure. I shot at Blackwing for my first time today and was pleased. $15 per person to shoot all day. Other than being extremely busy, it was pleasant.

I might have to take you guys up on your offer. So far my only gripe on the sig p238 is that it seems to be such a nice piece and the price. I am not sure I want to put something that nice or expensive in my pocket. I feel like if I was going to spend that much money, I would buy the Kimber solo. I held that and fell in love.

Thanks guys. This got me thinking, maybe we need a CR/Blackwing adventure. I shot at Blackwing for my first time today and was pleased. $15 per person to shoot all day. Other than being extremely busy, it was pleasant.

I might have to take you guys up on your offer. So far my only gripe on the sig p238 is that it seems to be such a nice piece and the price. I am not sure I want to put something that nice or expensive in my pocket. I feel like if I was going to spend that much money, I would buy the Kimber solo. I held that and fell in love.

Blackwing has a 5 dollar, 5 round test shoot with any of there pistols. Every time I go there I test shoot something.

Vinny thanks for the video, It does help put things into perspective a little bit better when you see it like that.

Ill hit up my buddy and see if he still has his solo if so I can bring one of those too.

I just found out that my buddy has a solo that I can use. I never knew he had it. Up until a couple days ago I didnt know they existed. I put it in my pocket and it made me want to reconsider the 9mm instead of the .380. It wasnt a horrible fit in the pocket. a bit heavy though.