Go pro alternatives?

coltboostin

You will see me rocking my gopro this summer on the supra's cage ;) I know the cheaper alternatives are uber tempting, but when it comes down to it, do you want one great shot? or a bunch of crappy ones?

Here is an example where you can see the image quality difference. I used my go-pro for the norwalk "on car" video and my driod X2 with its "8MP HD video" for the farther back shots. You be the judge:

Also idk wtf i cant embed my YT vids here lol sorry for the links!

Watch Slickdeals for a good price on the hero2, I've seen them at $100 and less.

Unfortunately these have dried up too. Last week I ordered a Hero2 from one of the few remaining online retailers that listed it on their site for $199 but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation so I'm anticipating that when I follow up they'll tell me that they can't fulfill the order.

eBay is a joke. People are selling new Hero2s for upwards of $240 and bundled with the wifi bacpac for $270. For those prices I'm just going to buy a Hero3 Silver for $299 new.

Who the fuck sells a camera with absolutely no instructions? Go pro

Or a camera where you have to immediately download some stupid fucking update to even operate the camera? Go pro

Yet my dumbass bought a second one. Am I that retarded? Is it easier to use the camera than I'm making it out to be?

Suprised that nobody has mentioned the Replay XD1080. It's still $300 so it's not exactly a cheaper alternative but based on many articles I read it performs even better than the GoPro does.

I think it was Hot Rod magazine that did a test of 4 popular cameras and chose the Replay unit over the GoPro.

...but my wife bought me a Hero2 for christmas so I too ended up with the GoPro instead of the Replay.

http://replayxd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/replayxd1080-1-hero.jpg

Unfortunately these have dried up too. Last week I ordered a Hero2 from one of the few remaining online retailers that listed it on their site for $199 but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation so I'm anticipating that when I follow up they'll tell me that they can't fulfill the order.

You can walk into a store and buy them from anywhere.com for that. Why wait?

You can walk into a store and buy them from anywhere.com for that. Why wait?

I haven't seen any hero2s at all in stores lately around here. Costco had a great deal on them around Christmas and I should have just bought it then. Now though they seem to be cleared out.

You're right that you can buy a Hero3 White for $199 anywhere but it's not as good of a camera as the Hero2 which is the equivalent of the Hero3 Silver which sells for $299.