dryer problems

Skinner

OK so I have a Amana dryer #ned7200tw. It is no longer blowing hot air. Figured it was the element but not it's good and tests fine with a multimeter, I have also reset the breaker to make sure is was not a pole issue. So found these to be the common issues.

1. Insufficient Power at Receptacle (220 volts req'd)

2. Failed HEATING ELEMENT

3. Failed / Faulty THERMISTOR

4. Failed THERMAL LIMITER (check vent system--completely)

5. Damaged Wiring at Terminal Block (where plug enters dryer)

I am unsure of were the thermostats are cant find a service manual for the dryer or the specs for the stats. Secondly I am not comfortable testing a dryer at the 220 with a multimeter. (electrical scares the shit out of me.)

Anyone know were I can find the service manuals and what sensors to look at?

OK so I checked for continuity on the elements, Thermostat, High Limit Thermostat which all check out. The Thermal fuse and the Thermistor failed but I am not sure if I can test the Thermistor for continuity.

Anyone know of a way to test to make sure its bad.

Contact the appliance repair shop on west broad street across from westland mall. They might be able to help you out, are nice to deal with, and have a lot of parts on site.

stopped there before work since I knew the thermal fuse was bad. ordered the part (which cost the same as online) and will have in on Thursday. He was also able to answer my questions about the Thermistor. The Fuse was the issue.