1937 S/42 Luger SOLD

Wes Stone

I have a 1937 S/42 Luger for sale. Its SN# 5746t. It is about 85% condition. Has bluing loss on the left muzzle and corners of several high spots from being in a holster. Slight freckling on grip strap that looks like it will clean up. Grips are unchipped and uncracked. Has good bore. Gun has been fired and functions well.

MATCHING MAGAZINES. It has the both matching magazines with matching serial number. Also has eagle over 63 on magazines.

All Matching numbers!!! I had this gun verified by other Luger collectors. Everything has been taken down and verified. The gun did not come with a hold open when I purchased it. I bought it from a local man who obtained it from a family friend that passed that was in WWII and brought the gun back. I am the 3rd owner since it was brought back. I was able to find a matching hold open. It is not a reproduction hold open it is an original hold open numbered 46. Barrel markings are 2 eagle over 63 and another eagle they are Mauser military proofs also has serial number and 882 on bottom of barrel. No import marks.

SOLD

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk457/stoney667/Luger/IMG_7784.jpg

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk457/stoney667/Luger/IMG_7777.jpg

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk457/stoney667/Luger/IMG_7778.jpg

Edited by Stoney
sold

Thanks, I really want to move this thing so I can pickup a couple new toys! If anyone knows of anyone that collects WWII guns or anything let them know. If you find someone there could be a finders fee depending on what the gun actually sells for. Not going to take a loss obviously.

Thanks guys!

IMO the extra stuff adds value. I've seen beat up ones a gun shows for $900. This one appears to have two mags with matching numbers and a period holster. I haven't looked at the blue book but I've been drooling over Lugers for years. It's interesting to me that the magazines and the guns used to have matching serial numbers.

Yep, thats what they go for. Look them up on Gunbroker or Jackson Armory.

I've got a trade deal i'm working right now that i'm 99% is going to go through and were valuing it at $2400 in the trade which i'm happy with.

The biggest reason this rig is so expensive is because its 100% matching. You can find them with 1 matching clip. When you have both matching clips collectors really start wanting. Shooters go around $750-$1000. I shot this one a few times and loved it but its not worth breaking the firing pin which is numbered as well. If you've never shot one they are actually pretty neat.

I knew all the matching stuff added value but I don't have a blue book so I didn't want to comment on the price. Im not surprised its worth that much. i almost picked up a $1,500 one a few years ago at the Mansfield collector gun show. it had one matching mag but no holster. If you had one of the 45 cal versions it would be your retirement fund.

When did Mauser stop using the secret S/42 code on the Lugers?

I know that they changed to a "42" instead of the "S/42" around 1938 on the K98 rifles, but not sure on the Lugers.

BTW, both matching mags is a VERY NICE bonus on a pistol like this and significantly adds to the value. The holster appears to be in good shape, too, and is probably worth $200 on it's own.