The Elder Scrolls Online

Fubar231

Skyrim was awesome for like two weeks then for some reason I just stopped playing and never cared to pick it back up, most likely because there was no multiplayer.

I've done this with all of Elder Scrolls. I know many others who've done the same. It's almost always the same reason. The overwhelming aspects of the complete open world and no forced direction. (As much as we say we want complete freedom, many of us have a hard time handling it.) I always shake it off and head back in eventually where I then stay for months. haha I've noticed this is experienced by many, as well, once that initial "Im gonna steal and kill everything' feeling has worn off. lol

BTW, ES Online Beta is available, now.

Here's a kinda cool rendered (looks so good as to be live action) ES Online trailer. Some of you may've already seen it.

How do you keep replaying it ?!?!? to do everything in the game takes like 200 hours....then there are the quests that are randomly generated in to infinity....

Different characters/magic/weapons/skills/etc. have different playstyles but that being said I have never used more than one character.

Different characters/magic/weapons/skills/etc. have different playstyles but that being said I have never used more than one character.

well I understand "how" lol I mean the amount of time it would take blows my mind..nobody with a life can have the time to do this even over a few years

Their has been so many mmorpgs that have crashed and burned past few years.

Knights of the old Republic was one of the most expensive games ever made and died quickly post release. This will be the same way. It'll be free to play in a year and dead in a couple.

I just fear it's just another dumbed down, soft, do what you want right away no skill no effort modern mmo... Light gamers and families whom game together candy.

Granted, each one that comes out says this, however they're really making an effort to keep it from being like every other one out there. And let's be honest about a couple things:

There's always been an MMO that 'everyone' plays while others come and go until the next big one arrives; think Age of Camelot or WoW. So, it's not like the gaming world isn't capable of making an MMO the masses will wanna play.

Also, Bethesda is quite capable of creating a game that's unique and enthralling. They've also said they're making it a point to keep it single player flavored almost with an option to multiplay. I like that idea. Don't force me to socialize in a social game. lol With each 'recreation' of an MMO game, we can only hope for an evolution of the genre. Bethesda is capable of that. Here's hoping they pull it off... Actually, I hope they don't. I've never paid monthly for a goddamn game and I don't want to start. Plus, I'd need a new computer, get rid of my gf, etc, etc. Fuck that. I hope it sucks!