Anyone good with taxes?

OneSlow04GEETEE

Every year I usually do taxes myself since I only have had 1 W2 form, but this time I have 3 since I had 3 jobs in 2012. Another thing is, the one job laid me off and I had a 401k plan there. Instead of being smart and transferring it, I decided to cash it out. It got taxes pretty well (20%), I think 10% taxes and 10% early withdraw fee. My one buddy is saying I will owe another 10-20% for it? I was going to attempt to do my taxes myself once again, but I have no idea what form(s) to use so I may have to go to a professional.

turbo tax is easy for as basic as information as you have. i had done it with teh 401k early withdrawl years ago and it was just another form on there that took 25 seconds.

Do you know what form it was by chance? I also don't know what form to use for multiple W2's. I googled but couldn't find much. The one year I had two jobs I filled out two forms and it messed up everything and I got deducted because I did it wrong. Just don't want to do that again.

No I am trying to file my taxes..

yes we have figure that out tard, what im asking is are you filing your taxes VIA paper or using a program to do so.

If using a program just follow the prompts it will ask you all these questions and show you where to put the information.

snap tax app on your smartphone, it did it all for me, all I had to do was make sure ALL info was correct and answer a few questions then submit. the app is free but it cost $24.99 to file the return. took less than 15min. BTW snap tax is Turbo Tax

I use Turbo Tax because it automatically imports my W-2 online and all of my forms from Edward Jones. Even with stock sales, student loan interest, W-2's and a 401k, I can still do it online myself. You just have to follow along and answer the questions as they are presented.

Thanks guys. I have always used Turbo Tax, guess I just didn't remember it asking me about pensions and whatnot.

It depends which version you go with too. I can't do the 1040EZ anymore because of my investments, so I do the full version which asks you pretty much every question. I think it costs about $50 if I remember correctly.

Turbo Tax will walk you through everything you have there. No additional forms to fill out for multiple W-2's, you will just need to enter the information from each W-2 and it will add the totals together for your filing. As far as your 401(k) cashout, it will also help you there. If they already took out 10% for taxes, that was more than likely just Federal taxes. You will still owe Ohio taxes on that too.

Turbo Tax will walk you through everything you have there. No additional forms to fill out for multiple W-2's, you will just need to enter the information from each W-2 and it will add the totals together for your filing. As far as your 401(k) cashout, it will also help you there. If they already took out 10% for taxes, that was more than likely just Federal taxes. You will still owe Ohio taxes on that too.

Thanks man! I got it all done yesterday. I did owe for Ohio taxes, but I am getting a refund back from Federal so I guess I do not owe anymore federal taxes.