The Daily Growler

zeitgeist57

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2012/12/daily-growler-offering-carryout-draft.html?page=all

I had heard about this place on columbusunderground.com, and then a few of my UA buddies were raving about it. Stopped by this weekend for my first growler. I tried a couple of stouts and settled on Bells Imperial Stout. Happy hour, so the fill-up was $11. I killed it that evening and enjoyed myself immensely.

If you like beer, I highly recommend this place. Happy hour specials are great, and though there isn't anything to eat, the growler bottle makes for very satisfying beer-drinking at home.

If you want to stop by, let me know as I need a refill now! :)

I got one of their starter packages as a Christmas gift. The beer is great, all micro brews, nothing mass produced. They are cycling in new beers on a consistent basis, so if they don't have what you're looking for keep checking back.

Growlers are great. 1/2 gallon at a time. They will keep for a week or so as long as you don't open them. Once you open it though you need to drink it within a day or two before it starts to go downhill.

They don't have food, but I have heard they don't mind if you carry in or even order in. There are a few restaurants in the area who will deliver there. Let me know next time you're heading over Clay, I'll join you.

Hell that's walking distance from my place

Yup, same here, saw that place when I was @ big fat greek the other day, thought it was some clicky clothing store or someshit lol.

Word of the wise; be careful hitting it up after 11:00 or so (if it's open that late) as anyone leaving that lot late night will be considered DUI by UA Nazi cops.